Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-06-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Meta-Analysis Project: Help Wanted

With Big Brother squashing all its little brothers and forcing rakeback players to go back to work at Burger King, on-line poker has just undergone the most rapid and significant change since its birth.

I'd like to know what the state of SNGs is right now in terms of profitability. But I can't play 5000 SNGs in a month to find out.

I would like to gather a collection of SNG players who play at similar levels, with similar skills, under similar conditions and see how we do as a group over 3000-5000 SNGs between now and Christmas.

If I can get enough players, I would like to have two groups: an 800 chip group and a 1000 chip group.

Player Criteria:

1. You have beaten either an 800 or 1000 chip PartyPoker SNG structure over your last 1000 SNGs.

2. You can play a minimum of 500 SNGs between November 1st and December 25th. (I will accept data from Nov. 1st onward as long as you have been meeting all criteria and have been recording every SNG played.)

3. You know how to track your results consecutively without error or exceptions.

4. You play at least 4, and no more than 8 SNG tables at once when you play.

I will collect all of the data and combine it into a large results pool. The primary measure will be $/SNG.

I will collect the results anonymously. I am going to devise a reporting system that will allow me to inspect e-penises wihout knowing whose penis it is.

My goal is to have a reasonable understanding of how much $/SNG a skilled 2+2er can make while multi-tabling the 800 chip and 1000 chip SNGs on Party right now.

If you want to participate, PM me.

Irieguy
Old 11-06-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Meta-Analysis Project: Help Wanted

Interesting project. What if the previous 1000 had been played at multiple different buyins and the next 500 are also expected to be played at different buyins?
Old 11-06-2005, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting project. What if the previous 1000 had been played at multiple different buyins and the next 500 are also expected to be played at different buyins?

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as it's the same number of starting chips, that's fine.

I want people who are committed to playing a bunch of SNGs at a fixed chip-structure over a short period of time. If you move between $22's and $33's, for example, that's fine. $/SNG is going to be very similar anyway between those two levels.

Irieguy
Old 11-06-2005, 10:07 PM

Cool, 10 volunteers within the first hour.

I may be able to get over 10,000 SNGs of data at the 800 chip level and 5,000 at the 1000-chip level.

If you are a winning long term player who meets the above criteria, please contact me. I will get back to everybody within a few days.

Irieguy
Old 11-06-2005, 10:08 PM

Irie,

I'd be happy to help in whatever way possible but I 10 table, as I suspect that many other lower stakes SNG players do. Do you feel that ROI drop is statistically significant from 8 to 10 tabling as to not include that with your data pool?

Sigma
Old 11-06-2005, 10:12 PM

Why aren't you taking as a data item people's ROI before the drop?
Old 11-06-2005, 10:20 PM

This project, collective sampling, has undoubtedly been on the minds of many of us, so having your name behind it should assure a good return. I'll offer ~2k by xmas.

Could we answer another question with this, of the earn rate difference between the "decrepid" skins and Party proper?
Old 11-06-2005, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Irie,

I'd be happy to help in whatever way possible but I 10 table, as I suspect that many other lower stakes SNG players do. Do you feel that ROI drop is statistically significant from 8 to 10 tabling as to not include that with your data pool?

Sigma

[/ QUOTE ]

10+ tablers make up too small a percentage of SNG players.

Irieguy
Old 11-06-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Irie,

Sigma

[/ QUOTE ]

10+ tablers make up too small a percentage of SNG players.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does this matter? They're still playing SnGs and there's no significant difference between how they play and how 8-tablers play.

Also, why aren't you taking as an input people's ROIs over their last 1000 before the switch? Don't you want to know the change in ROI?
Old 11-06-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why does this matter? They're still playing SnGs and there's no significant difference between how they play and how 8-tablers play.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is totally untrue in my experience.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, why aren't you taking as an input people's ROIs over their last 1000 before the switch? Don't you want to know the change in ROI?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are lots of things I want to know.

The purpose of this analysis, however, will be to determine how much $/SNG a group of winning SNG players earn over a very large number of SNGs between Nov. 1 and Dec. 25.

It is best to keep the focus and scope of this thing very narrow, for a host of reasons.

Irieguy