Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 06:44 AM

Default should i be calling these down?

my went to Sd % is an apalling 28%. Villains unknown

Absolute Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.

River: (8.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
Old 06-28-2005, 06:52 AM

Default Re: should i be calling these down?

Even against a slight LAG, I don't see what you could possibly be beating that's 3betting you preflop except JJ, and I don't know if JJ would have the balls to bet this flop, and his range is too wide to think you're ahead here.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:55 AM

thats what i figured. Im searching thru Pt for hands that ive been folding too early. I was pretty sure this wasnt one of them.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:58 AM

I'd bet out on the flop, you have middle pair and a gutshot draw to a straight which will probably be good enough for a share of the pot or better if it hits. If raised ( and i think it probably will be ) call it and check/fold the turn if unimproved.

If you hit the king on the turn I'm not sure that's good here so dont play aggressively if the K lands, the Q or J is probably good for at least a share I suspect though.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:02 AM

On the turn you have 6 outs to a straight or trips if nobody else has a king, so you need the pot to be 6.7 BB. It is 8.75 with more bets to come on the river so you can call.
If one of them has a king you split the pot with a J so you should count 4 outs, 2 jacks and 2 queens.
If you collect only one bet on the river you don't have the implied odds to call, you need the pot to be 10.5 to call with 4 outs.
If one of them has AQ, AA, or TT you have 4 outs as well. I'd say it's very likely MP1 has AA, AK, QQ, AQ or TT so you have 4 outs = fold, but not a big mistake to call the turn.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:05 AM

I would have played this hand the same way.

On the flop you were only ahead of JJ as a likely PF 3-betting hand for MP1. For the chance of improving to a straight (which would quite likely only tie the hand) or catching a Q, I think it was ok to call 1 flop bet.

However, with the smaller pot (compared to bet size) and 2 remaining opponents including the PF 3-better, I would also have folded to the turn bet.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:44 AM

hand is goot! i think betting out this flop is foolishness. you will get raised and you want UTG in the hand when you hit your straight. besides if you hit your 2 pair, you could still be behind and even lose to JJ, so, yeah you're pretty much screwed in this hand. i would be inclined to give you 0 outs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2005, 08:54 AM

I disagree about the bet on the flop being foolishness, if its an error at all its a minor one. If we are raised then UTG is faced with cold calling the raise and may decide to fold given that his check has already shown weakness. If he folds then we may just have increased our chances of taking this pot if we hit on the turn, for 1 small bet in a pot this size that seems a good investment to me.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:00 AM

To bet on the flop would be bad because there aren't any outs we would like to clean. Think about it, what hand could villain have that we would beat given that turn would give us a K?
Old 06-28-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To bet on the flop would be bad because there aren't any outs we would like to clean. Think about it, what hand could villain have that we would beat given that turn would give us a K?

[/ QUOTE ]

AK of course (by cathing another Q on the river