Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-16-2005, 02:30 PM

Default AA runs into trouble

does anyone play this differently? i feel like i have to value bet the river, because so many fish will call down with Kx. thanks

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Hero ($61.95)
Button ($75.40)
SB ($23.35)
BB ($27.32)
UTG ($57.30)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, Button calls $4, BB calls $4.

Turn: ($18.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $17</font>, Button calls $17, BB folds.

River: ($52.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, Button calls $25.

Final Pot: $102.25

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ac As (two pair, aces and nines).
Button has 9h Kh (full house, nines full of kings).
Outcome: Button wins $102.25. </font>
Old 12-16-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: AA runs into trouble

I'd pot or overbet the flop with the Broadways and flush draw, but your bet is not a mortal sin. Your play looks fine. Nice to play against people who won't raise the turn with 2-pr or the river with a full house. You probably got off cheaper than you deserved here.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:43 PM

Read hand, said "I think the flop lead should have been full pot, but otherwise, hero played fine."

Read results, said "I'm glad that there are donkeys who play this way because over the long run, OP, myself and 2+2'ers make lots of money off them."
Old 12-16-2005, 02:52 PM

Does anyone slow down after Button calls PS turn bet(in hopes of a free showdown)? Am I being to weak for thinking this? If so, what type of river bet do we call (if any) when button bets river?

Thanks...
Old 12-16-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone slow down after Button calls PS turn bet(in hopes of a free showdown)? Am I being to weak for thinking this? If so, what type of river bet do we call (if any) when button bets river?

Thanks...

[/ QUOTE ]

He did slow down on the river. He made a nice blocking bet. If he checks this river any competent villain is pushing which means hero will be folding. I think hero lost the least amount possible in this situation.

Villain badly misplayed the turn and river.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:20 PM

I would not be betting so much on the turn and river.

KQ and JT are both likely holdings that have you dominated.

Then on the river, the flush card comes and you are still betting big, which I don't understand.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He did slow down on the river. He made a nice blocking bet. If he checks this river any competent villain is pushing which means hero will be folding. I think hero lost the least amount possible in this situation.

Villain badly misplayed the turn and river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the input...
Old 12-16-2005, 03:22 PM

River isn't even half the pot. I'd bet more on river, or check/call
Old 12-16-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then on the river, the flush card comes and you are still betting big, which I don't understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

When is less than 1/2 pot considered betting big [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 03:25 PM

I think you had to bet much more after the flop to view if a hand is already made in that moment. Who calls your bet in that moment indicates a good hand and you know that a he is not waiting to complete a flush. After that if he is a good player I think about double pairs but he is bad probably had KX and you have to go all in.