Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Question for those who play more than 1 sng at a time...

How do you keep up? when i play 1 or 2 tables at a time i do fine but when i try 4 tableing as i know so many people do i end up not being able to focus as we get in the higher levels and even the tables where im chip leader i end up busting out cause im trying to balence all the tabeles at once, any suggestions?
Old 11-22-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Question for those who play more than 1 sng at a time...

practice makes perfect. i suggest that you do not have overlap.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:51 AM

Practice!

The more you play and learn the quicker and easier decisions become, and you'll have more down time between hands. Add a table whenever you decide that you're getting bored.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:51 AM

when you say overlap do you mean screens overlaping eachother?
Old 11-22-2005, 12:56 AM

I 8 table and still get many reads. The trick is to focus mainly on the tables that have the least players remaining, and to focus on the players on your immediate left and right. You need to know who you can resteal off and whether or not the guy on your left is a complete donkey who's gonna call your AI with Q6s, to adjust your pushing range. The early game plays pretty much the same with any opponent so you can pay less attention to those tables.

The most important though is that you know the basic moves as most of your game will consist of automatic plays, so if you aren't sure what to do in most situations, wait until everything becomes clear and automatic (you'll know when you get bored while playing) and THEN start adding more tables. If you feel good playing 1 or 2 or 3 tables, don't add more until you start feeling bored and that it's easy. Hope this helps.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:58 AM

thanks alot for the advice
Old 11-22-2005, 01:03 AM

Try 8-tabling. Then see how easy 4-tabling seems.

In all seriousness, it just gets easier with time. Start 2 tabling, give it a couple of weeks and it'll seem easy. Add 1 more, repeat. Add the 4th, repeat. Add 4 more, repeat. That's how I did it.

Also, playing enough SNGs so that that decisions start to seem formulaic helps.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:34 AM

Tables overlapping eachother. if you 4 table you want 1600X1200 resolution on your screen. I just picked up 2 19in CRT's fpr $50 a pop. The problem is $50 shipping each so if you can find somewhere to pick one up you can save some money.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:50 PM

You'll get it in time. I got comfy with 8-tabling cash games, but then it was still a long time before I could do more than a single SNG comfortably. It came slowly with SNG's for me, and I was stuck on 4 for a long time as far as feeling really comfortable. I could do 6 but it was tough, and 8 was really really tough. Eventually, though, you just get confident enough about your game and so used to your decisions and the speed needed to play lots of tables that adding more gets pretty easy. I think I could probably play 10 at a time at this point.