Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which accent?
Locust Valley Lockjaw (Thurston Howell of Gilligan's Island) 2 1.34%
Asian 0 0%
Latino 8 5.37%
German 4 2.68%
French 15 10.07%
Russian 16 10.74%
English 55 36.91%
Middle Eastern 1 0.67%
Italian 20 13.42%
Southern (U.S.) 18 12.08%
Canadian 10 6.71%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2005, 03:33 AM

Default Re: (109) Bubble Fun with Raptor

it appears as though i go against the grain in most of these, but i suppose it can go either way as is often the case. i wont fault anyone for calling. icm clearly states that its -ev to call here, however i dont hate a call. i folded because i felt that big blind was going to call with any 2, and im willing to let him do that then start shovebotting to get back into the game if needed.

the reason its -ev to call should be obvious. bb isnt coming along for the ride unless he has something like JJ+ or AK. it would be very foolish to do otherwise. buttons range is probably smaller than most would presume because he isnt awful and knows hes very likely getting called by the bb. i made this adjustment and thought it leaned more towards a fold. holla
Old 11-14-2005, 03:38 AM

Geez... I fold here without a whole lot of thought.

Funny that my answers for both AQ hands are the opposite of the prevailing opinion.

Perhaps it's time for me to consider that instead of being a really good player running a bit cool... I'm actually a crap player on a sick 5-year heater.

Irieguy
Old 11-14-2005, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny that my answers for both AQ hands are the opposite of the prevailing opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you are wrong. You may have need to improve your game. Welcome to PM me with hand history and I will help you.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Perhaps it's time for me to consider that instead of being a really good player running a bit cool... I'm actually a crap player on a sick 5-year heater.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

funny how both of my answers were opposing the norm as well [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] must mean we suck. holla
Old 11-14-2005, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

funny how both of my answers were opposing the norm as well [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] must mean we suck. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

what a buncha smug little biatches [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 04:05 AM

C'mon guys. You assume a) pusher doesn't push crap, and b) BB will call with almost any 2 if you fold, which means you either call and flip for your stack or fold and have a good chance that the BB will bust. Even if he doesn't bust you can still take the flip later. Easy fold.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't being smug, I was being serious.

I just busted out of the WSOP Circuit tourney at Bally's nearing the money and this was my version of self abuse.

Ironic that it comes off as me being an smug, arrogant, prick... thereby making my attempt to publicly punnish myself far more effective than I ever intended.

Irieguy
Old 11-14-2005, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't being smug, I was being serious.

I just busted out of the WSOP Circuit tourney at Bally's nearing the money and this was my version of self abuse.

Ironic that it comes off as me being an smug, arrogant, prick... thereby making my attempt to publicly punnish myself far more effective than I ever intended.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just messing about, you come off as the humblest of men...what you SHOULd worry about though is that I also agree with you about these two hands. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

P.S. Sorry to hear about your bubbling.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:29 AM

i think this has to be one of the most insanely marginal decisions, its kind of akin to making a post on whether or not to choose heads or tails, maybe the reasoning behind the decision is helpful for improvement in this case but the actual decision pretty much makes no difference.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:34 AM

What a goddamn dreadful spot. I think I fold, but YUCK.