Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 10-28-2005, 08:15 PM

Default Re: How Am I Doin Gentlemen?

Well I do think yah may underestimate my ability to play pretty good poker, even with 8 tables at once [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]... although, when I am trying new things, and thinking, I cut it down to 4.

My Total Agg Factor is 3.0

Position Stats...
vpip
Button: 20.61
UTG: 16.18

If you need the rest lemme know. Now, I really do understand your point from before about playing fewer tables to learn... however, I also think playing multiple tables taught me a lot about the importance of tight aggressive play. I started out MUCH tighter than i'm showing right now, in fact my vpip was 12% in my first 60,000 hands. This is a new poker database that I started after I began trying to improve my game.. and these stats are the next result.

There has been real improvement from the first time, and I also know that my game is MUCH better... but still not where i'd like it to be. Anyways, thanks for the comments bro. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2005, 07:05 AM

Well...your sample size is a bit small, so take this with a grain of salt

Another thing I saw is you Won$atSD% is a bit low and your WenttoSD% is a bit high. You're showing losers a bit too much. Sometimes, your opponent does have what he is representing. Make a note of who those players are.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:34 AM

The few things that jumped out at me.

VPIP is a bit low. Maybe look for a few new opportunities to limp in late (but don't overdo it). Also...

ASB is low. Steal more often. Also, don't be afraid to isolate weak limpers with marginal hands like KTo in late position.

Defend your BB more.

I think your WTSD is significantly too high. Fold more.

You can only make basic observations on stat posts. Hope these helped.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:53 AM

Your 6max stats will never improve until you rauise your VPIP. Actually you're running hot on .50/1. Im sorry to be so blunt but this is critically low. Your postflop skills must be quite good to have kept you from doing worse shorthanded.

The whole overall stats thing only becomes really relevant after 50-100K hands. But, one thing smaller stat sizes can do is tell us if we are running hot or making the most basic plays to keep us afloat. In which case in 6max you are not. 19-20 VPIP in 6max is WAY too low. There isnt much room for arguement in this and I will post this in HUSH to prove my point to the Tighties. You will get killed in anything over .50/1 over the long run. Ive got about 30K hands on .50/1 and 1/2 6max and my VPIP is in the high 20's. This is average, and Ive sustained 3.5BB/100 in both.

You have to play more hands preflop and develop your table selection game to find out what tupes of tables you can play marginal hands with less than perfect position. You have to be able to be comfortable making those VERY marginal plays.

Your full game stats look awesome though...good job. (you tight-aggressive bastard!) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 01:36 AM

Hey thanks for the post, I completely agree with your analysis on short hand play... you're absolutely correct. I definitley need to play more hands preflop...

The original reason I went to the short handed tables was to get better at playing more hands in marginal situations, I decided I would waste up to $100 learning how to play it and then go back to the full ring tables with what I learned. It was a great learning experience... I plan on going back to SH games once I have more money to invest, because those are the tables that I believe the real money is at...

Although I lost at SH, I learned a lot more about poker and how it works and was able to apply a lot of what I learned there to the full ring tables, where i'm still playing a bit too tight (but much better than the previous 12% I had prior to SH) especially since i'm 8 tabling.

Thanks for the constructive reply, man.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:39 AM

Yah know, this is an interesting thing... i've been trying my damndest to improve that vpip, as well as my blind play. I swear i'm stealing loads more than usual... sometimes i'll steal with ANY hand if the blinds are really tight. Ah, well, i'm still trying to figure it out... you guys are really confirming my suspicions about my play and where I figured I needed to improve by analyzing the stats.