Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Why did Jesus have to die?

I think it comes down to the purpose of the planet Earth.
I think God made the Earth for his own purposes, his pleasure. I think that life on earth was made by God for Him to see if people would worship him or choose sin. For this reason he created this planet, this universe, with laws in place about sin. I think it gives God great pleasure in seeing a baby develop into a man, be crippled, find his strength in Jesus Christ, repent (change his life), and be prepared to serve him in heaven. That's why he gave His son, because of the love he has for us, and it was the only way because of the way He chose to created the earth. And the purpose he had for the planet.
I hope that can make some sense, but maybe not, seems kinda off the point on a re-read.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:54 AM

Hmmm well, getting back to one of the earlier posts, blood is symbolic of life. I remember reading a story of a doctor who had to give his own blood to save a patient because the patients family members would not because it was his lifeblood.
I think there is a lot to be learned from the symbols used in religion, like blood. It's not about murder but about life and laws, like the law that God set in place...or was in place because of who God was... That, blood is neccessary for the forigivess of sins. And it is a widespread symbol of life across all cultures, maybe a useful symbol to use.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:56 AM

To Zapp and Riddick,
you both deserve a pat on the back for you efforts..

Pat, pat...