Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Tunica: Sheraton to Horseshoe

Taking a trip to Tunica with my father next month, 01/19/06 - 01/22/06. Was wondering...

Is the Sheraton walking distance to the Horseshoe? I know they are close together on the map, but is the walk comfortable and safe?

Also, the reason I am asking is because my father wants to stay at a Ceasars property (Sheraton). He plays blackjack and expects to get good comps from the Ceasars group. I just want to play poker, and I have read other posts stating that the Horseshoe is the best in Tunica. Does this plan make any sense?

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 12-13-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Tunica: Sheraton to Horseshoe

Yeah a very easy walk and/or drive. Parking is free, and all the parking lots are basically attached to each other. So you are looking at a 4-5 minute walk tops.

Back door to back door might be more like 2-3.

[ QUOTE ]
Taking a trip to Tunica with my father next month, 01/19/06 - 01/22/06. Was wondering...

Is the Sheraton walking distance to the Horseshoe? I know they are close together on the map, but is the walk comfortable and safe?

Also, the reason I am asking is because my father wants to stay at a Ceasars property (Sheraton). He plays blackjack and expects to get good comps from the Ceasars group. I just want to play poker, and I have read other posts stating that the Horseshoe is the best in Tunica. Does this plan make any sense?

Thanks,
Andrew

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-13-2005, 11:42 AM

Side door to side door, 15 seconds. They are literaly seperated by a driveway to the back parking lot.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks,
Andrew

[/ QUOTE ]

All 3 (Sheridan, Horseshoe and Gold Strike) are only a driveway apart from one another. Sheridan is small and no poker. Both Horseshoe and Gold Strike offer nice poker rooms.

When it comes time to eat, eat at Horeshoe's buffet--the Poker Room gives away buffets anytime you ask while playing. Fitzgerald's buffet is pretty good as well and they give comps freely at the craps tables there.

Easy parking in the Horseshoe's parking garage or Sheridan's side parking lot.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:02 PM

Definitely an easy walk, 15 yards of uncovered terrain to navigate.

I think the WPO will be going on, not sure when the main event starts.

Gojacketz