Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2004, 12:25 PM

Default Another ESPN Mention

Was reading a column about the surprises in the baseball season this year and came accross this:

"Surprise: Roger Clemens has gone 9-1 with a 2.46 ERA. It's not a surprise that he's done well, of course, but not even Phil Ivey would have bet he'd be dealing quite like this."

I'm guessing he was playing the "dealing" and "bet" angle. Still interesting that poker pros are now starting to be used in the mainstream as a pseudo-metaphor/pun..not exactly sure what that qualifies as. Or it could be ESPN asking their columnists to plug poker as much as they can.

Also, FWIW, this article was by Eric Neel. Previous articles on poker for ESPN were by Jay Lovinger.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Another ESPN Mention

Eric Neel is an LA guy, surely he must love the poker also and try to work it into non-poker related columns.

I was psyched about Jay Lovinger's series of articles on trying to be a poker semi-pro... until I read them.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Another ESPN Mention

That's about my thought.

The guys at Page 2 would be better off hiring Dan N. or somebody like him to write for them.