Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-29-2005, 08:39 PM

Default HU Blind Play From the Small Blind

Villain is almost an okay TAG. Sometimes he'll overplay TP/MK on the turn or coldcall preflop wtih AQo. Definetly a few things he needs to learn.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Villain is capable of raising with a flush draw, OESD, or maybe overcards with a backdoor draw so I 3-knock it.

Flop: (2 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

So what now?
Old 12-29-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Re: HU Blind Play From the Small Blind

I would fold preflop. Check-call the river since you made the pot so damned big. One draw got there and the other didn't (though it could have).

Rob
Old 12-29-2005, 08:51 PM

i don't really understand completing from sb in this situation. if there were a couple of limpers, then flush draw has some value, but HU, you have no SD value, so if you are going to play, I think you have to raise pf, otherwise fold
Old 12-29-2005, 08:53 PM

I'm a bit confused about the 2/3 Small blind thing. Is it just fold or raise from the SB versus a TAG?

Is calling down after the flop a raise a better line? Its true I made the pot big and fat here.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a bit confused about the 2/3 Small blind thing. Is it just fold or raise from the SB versus a TAG?

Is calling down after the flop a raise a better line? Its true I made the pot big and fat here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd generally be checkfolding the turn.

You're not really getting the odds it seems like you're getting preflop. If TAG is remotely competent at all you're getting raised with such an alarming rate that T2s will really begin to look like the trash it is. You won't hit a ton of flops hard, and even those you hit decently, you'll be taking the brunt of it most of the time (you flop a FD, etc. etc.).

If TAG isn't competent at all I'd raise PF and autobet the flop, but that just doesn't happen enough it seems.

Rob
Old 12-29-2005, 09:36 PM

Toss,

Stop trying to play like me in the 2+2 SH games. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I would complete against someone I knew very well, but would raise or fold otherwise. I guess I might complete/fold (or c/reraise), but I would never complete/call against someone I don't know very well. I want to put some pressure on him if I am going to be playing a pot OOP with a bad hand.

If you intended to fold to a PF raise then I don't mind.

Edit - Was a fun 2+2 table. Too bad I donked off a few chips in a few spots. Also the rake is killer [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd generally be checkfolding the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like I'm way overplaying my hands then.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:46 PM

Yeah I'm trying to play where I shouldn't. I'll save my open completes for loose passives.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:48 PM

I generally fold my sb when it is folded to me with something like my bottom 20-25% of hands. I think you either need a very passive player, a nit, or to have a history with a TAG of LRR your sb as a way to protect your limp.

The way this hand played out I check/call the river due to how drawy the board is. As for the flop I think I call the check/raise and check/fold the turn. If villain checks behind I check/call a non-diamond river.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:02 PM

I checkfolded the river after building a huge pot. I do this a lot.