Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-20-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Lets Talk Food

I really need to go on a road trip or swomething. Hit up all those good eats I've been hearing about and B&Ms along the way. Then again they don't have that in New York.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:45 PM

Can't really speak to other types of food, but the #1 reason Mexican food doesn't taste the same outside of New Mexico is there's no chile in it, red or green. If it does have chile, then it's weak-ass chile. The heat or bite or whatever you want to call it can be addicting. Jalapenos don't cut it. I suppose you could ship frozen chile to wherever. Maybe this is how Garduno's in the Palms does it...I'll have to eat there next time I go to Vegas to see.

Damn I'm hungry for some rellenos.

ScottieK
Old 12-20-2005, 03:46 PM

Yea pokers dead right now in NY but theres rumor regarding a few B+M's ... AC and FW arent far off though
Old 12-20-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Today I'd like to ask a question about why it seems that food tastes better from its place of origin rather than somewhere else. I'm taking about New York or Chicago style pizza, Mexican food, barbeque, pastries, everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Chicago, and I don't think there is anything special about the pizza. I think Pizza Hut is just as good as anything I have eaten from a local pizza place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Food Fight!

Old 12-20-2005, 03:55 PM

Old 12-20-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I feel you should focus on lean meats, nuts, greens, fruits, eat starches in deffinate moderation. Drink a gallon of water a day.

If something didnt exist 10,000 years ago, or it was never alive, you shouldn't eat it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. Sounds like you're just waiting to die.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sbarro pizza seems to be the closest thing outside of NY that taste like NY style pizza.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then maybe people just tend to prefer what they grew up with. I have never been to New York and therefore have never had real NY style pizza, but I think Sbarro completely blows. That's just my opinion.

Pizza Hut >>>>> Sbarro

I mentioned I live in Chicago, but I grew up in Phoenix and my favorite pizza place is still the local place called Barro's that we would always order from. If I grew up in Chicago and moved to Phoenix, I would probably think Barro's sucked (and a lot of people in Phoenix do) and would be sitting there in Phoenix craving a stuffed sausage pie from Giordano's or something.

I am going home to Phx for Christmas and I was excited that I would get to have some Barro's. Then I thought it was kind of odd that I was sitting in Chicago craving pizza from Phoenix.

I think people create biases based on what they grew up with and what is local for them.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:19 PM

Growing up in St. Louis, many of the local varieties are very popular, but I can't stand them. Imo's is horrible and I can't even get past the front door of White Castle due to the smell. But I love Ted Drewes Frozen Custard, Rich & Charlie's, and the many varieties of toasted ravioli. Pizza is definitely better in Chicago.

Best hot dogs come from Home Depot. But that's because I have a 4 year-old buddy who comes along. Nothing improves the flavor like having your son enjoy it with you.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] cracks me up every time [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes pizza originated in Europe, but whats your point? Tempura and sushi wasn't orignated from Japan.

I think many people will agree what pizza got its "character" when it made to the new world.

[/ QUOTE ]

In your oringinal post you stated place of origin.
Do you have any idea how arrogant or ignorant you sound?
Of course not your American its in your constitution to be both.

I think many Americans would agree, dont think many Italians would.

Like everything else Americans took a simple idea revolutionised it and made it there own.

The rest of world is in awe of you