Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 08:00 PM

Default 99

PartyPoker - $0.50/$1 Texas - 10 players (Converter: PGC)

UTG is N/A
LP1 is N/A

Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

PreFlop
<font color="green">UTG Calls</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="green">LP1 Calls</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>, <font color="green">UTG Calls</font>, <font color="green">LP1 Calls</font>
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>

(3 players) FLOP: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 3.50 BB )
<font color="red">Hero BETS</font>, <font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">LP1 RAISES</font>
<font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>, <font color="green">LP1 Calls</font>

(2 players) TURN: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 6.50 BB )
[b]<font color="green">[i]Hero...
Old 11-17-2005, 08:11 PM

Default Re: 99

I consider folding the flop. Maybe call and fold the turn UI. What is LP1 raising with on the flop that you think you should 3-bet with?
Old 11-17-2005, 09:12 PM

I don't understand why you 3 bet this flop.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:19 PM

I don't think a 3-bet is good because it puts you in an awkward spot like the one you're currently in.

Since this is readless, it's hard to know if he's taking a shot at you. One line you can consider is just calling the flop raise, and betting lots of turn cards and seeing how he reacts. It's hard to let go of this type of hand so easily on a non-A overcard flop.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:48 PM

why would you 3bet this flop oop?
Old 11-17-2005, 11:22 PM

/grunch/
Preflop, fine.
Flop, without reads I'm probably bailing after I'm raised. The flop is pretty drawless, so I think you're drawing to 2 outs plus a very weak backdoor straight. Pot is laying you 10:1 or so, I fold.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:34 AM

Preflop Raise is good

Flop: I'd lead out but I'd call the raise on the flop with plans of that being the last money I put in the pot.

I'm not 3betting his raise due to two reasons.
1) you may already be behind
2) there are a lot of cards that could come on the turn that would be bad for you. Basically any overcard puts you at risk.

Turn: I check/fold the turn.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:54 AM

It's hard to reraise OOP with no reads and 19 potentially scary cards that come on the turn. You will rarely get a free card on the turn, and you will probably not call a BB UI. The reraise gains you little later on in the hand:

If he's weak/passive, he'll call your 3-bet, and continue to collect your bullets to the river, or bet into you when you check and force you to lay down.

If he's loose/aggressive, he'll call your 3-bet, and call down profitably if he has 6 outs. If you check, he'll bet into you and force you to lay down.

The extra small bet buys you no information, you have few options being OOP, and you're not even profitable to call his raise if you're behind. I'll assume weak/passive and save bets until I get some solid reads - I would lay this down on the flop.