Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 08:53 AM

Default My poker career

Here is my poker career. It started off with .5/1 and 1/2 full ring games. By around Janurary 1, I decided that even though I was almost perfectly breakeven, I was good enough, and was having bad luck, so I deposited a bit more, and went to 2/4 and 3/6. Had some pretty crazy swings, and dabbled occasionally in higher limits when I shouldn't. Eventually I just kept dropping though. In July, I was going on vacation to Asia, and so didn't play any poker. Notice how I was almost perfectly breakeven again when I took my break.

Since comming back on break, I have decided to really improve my game, and have moved over to Short Handed. I have tried to read as much as possible, and post anything I am thinking about. I started at 1/2, soon moved to 3/6, then was somewhere between 3/6 and 5/10. The swings were a bit hard, and towards the end, I was having so much swingyness that I had to take off a few days. I started back again 1 week ago. I was mainly playing 5/10, but then after a great run, I have done a bit of 10/20. Notice the last part of the graph, it is my favorite part [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Old 12-05-2005, 09:20 AM

Default Re: My poker career

I can't believe you're playing 10/20
Old 12-05-2005, 12:19 PM

*shakes head*. So, you've proven for an entire year that you can't run a profit at the lower levels, so you've steadily moved up?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*shakes head*. So, you've proven for an entire year that you can't run a profit at the lower levels, so you've steadily moved up?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, so? Anyone with half a brain knows that it is easier in the higher levels (if you have the bankroll that is!) because there are less suck outs and you can bluff better. Or do you like it when your AA cap pre-flop gets outdrawn by a runner-runner flush from some donkey at 3-6?!?!?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My game starting in SH is so much different than my game in the early time.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, so? Anyone with half a brain knows that it is easier in the higher levels (if you have the bankroll that is!) because there are less suck outs and you can bluff better. Or do you like it when your AA cap pre-flop gets outdrawn by a runner-runner flush from some donkey at 3-6?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't happen at 10/20? Damn, i must be hallucinating again. More Wine!
Old 12-05-2005, 12:39 PM

Great post dude.

Move up again soon before variance catches up with you.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great post dude.

Move up again soon before variance catches up with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Golden advice.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:17 PM

If you don't run from the law of averages it will kill your bankroll, move to 30/60 immediatly.