Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 07:14 AM

Default Re: I\'m about to give up here...

Nothing is wrong with your post except that it isn't as viewer friendly as a converted hand from online, but that shouldn't be making too much of a difference. I too wonder why your post isn't getting as much attention as the other one. Anyways

I think most people would go broke on each hand the same way. On the second hand I may have taken it a little slower and call the raise to see what the turn would bring, but your line works well too. If a brick comes out then I would definately get it all in on the turn. If a diamond peels off then you can check call anything reasonable. He may even give you a free card or a chance to bluff the river if he has AQ off. If a Q comes on the turn then you can get away from the hand if he pushes.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
flynn doesnt live in bay area btw so that will be out of your way to buy him abeer

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would he be so sad about capped betting in Lucky Chances then?
Old 12-19-2005, 11:25 AM

Ah, constructive criticism, that's great.

The reason I posted 2 hands is that they share the same theme - big hand on a broadway flop OOP in a raised pot. Obviously we are not looking for folding here. Sure, playing this as fast as possible might be default line here. What I was asking is if there is really any alternative lines, because flops like this could hit a lot of hands and I feel like I am letting them go too easy. Stack sizes make it pretty awkward to push, since it would be overbet big enough to drive pretty much every hand that is behind out of the pot. On the other hand, pot is getting big enough to make it really hard to get away from it, if the board becomes even uglier. So, on one hand, hands that are behind are folding on 4-straight board, on the other it's hard to not lose more money if opponent was indeed on a draw. Also, isn't reraising flops like this all in is somewhat transparent for an opponent? What other hands would play it like that? What hands will call us here? In other words, I'm struggling with a thought that this default line is making it too easy for opponent to make a correct play, but I can't find anything better...

Maybe the alternative is to raise enough to kill implied odds for draws with intention of getting all in no matter what comes on later streets. Or maybe I'm overthinking this and 200 bb stack is not really different from 100 bb stack here.

I don't really mind getting it all in on the flop in 2nd hand, since there is flush draw on the flop nad it is short-handed. In the 1st hand, however, I don't believe I am getting called by anything I'm beating, except TT, at least in 9 handed game, unless opponent is super-donk or we have some wild history against each other.

Btw, this was online. Too bad I failed to mention it, but in general all hands posted here are online, if it is live, poster usually specifically states so. The site is not converter friendly, and I posted hands by memory. It's been a while since I played them, so I didn't remember the suits, so sorry about that. I think in live games hands like this are easier to play, because one should be able to have a better idea about where is opponent at on later streets.

Anyways, thanks for the replies, guys.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
flynn doesnt live in bay area btw so that will be out of your way to buy him abeer

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would he be so sad about capped betting in Lucky Chances then?

[/ QUOTE ]

hes an emotional guy, I guess.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:08 PM

Goo,

You flopped sets and the money went in. Maybe you lost the hands. Whatever. Post some interesting hands instead of whining like a little bitch when you don't get 50 responses to your boring hands.

edge responded to you very quickly. What more do you want? If you have more specific questions, respond back and post them instead of your little whine/bump post. If you don't like the level of response to your thread, either quit posting or post more interesting hands and contribute in other threads. If you turn out to be someone who posts decent stuff, people will read your posts and you'll get responses. Acting like a little whiny bitch does nothing to help your cause, though.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:08 PM

Whoa, man. Who took the jam out of your donut? If you don't like beer, just say so. No need to bite my head off. =)

I didn't mean to whine. I posted the honest question and general attitude in replies was great, which I appreciate a lot. Also I don't understand why would you bring up results, especially considering that specific question I was asking is "is blasting the pot as hard as possible is a great way to get money out of hands that are behind, considering stack sizes." (Talking about replying back with specific question, btw.)

But thanks for your input anyway.

Edit: if this thread is not really worthy of discussion in regard of actual hands, let's just stop bumping it and let it pass away.