Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 11:54 PM

Default Re: Can I ever lay this down?

With so many callers I would try to figure out what possible drawing hands are out there. I think you could lay this one down even though its pretty tough. However its hard to say Whats ur read?
Old 12-09-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Re: Can I ever lay this down?

This doesn't make much sense. Why do you go all in if you are so confident that you were beat.

Also I think I go broke on this hand more often than not. UTG is not really a concern here. I would have a trouble of putting a villain on a higher flush (well, maybe K-high flush is possible). Since UTG is very short, wouldn't one want to get more money into the pot from 2 players who are still left to act, especially with a board like this, where there could be a lot of hands which are hard to fold. Unless I regard villain as somebody who is capable to bet like that with nuts to make it look like "i'm just trying to isolate UTG here, please fold", there is a good chance I'm pushing. If I still had players left to act after me, that it would be much tougher though.