Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 06:34 AM

Default 1/2 Home Game Turn Play

me and 5 friends are enjoying a night of 1/2 NL Hold'em. my experience in NL is fairly limited, as i'm mostly a limit online player. i'm perceived as very tight.

Villan has about 150, and i have him covered.

UTG(Villan) raises to 5. he's quite loose with his raises, this could means suited connecter, Axs, pocket pair, but not something like AA or KK.

i call w/ T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 1 call behind me, and the BB calls.

FLOP 4 players ($21)

9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villan bets 5, this could again mean a wide variety of things, including pairs below 8, and any draws, or a loan Ace.

i raise to 20. other 2 players fold. and he calls.

Turn 2 players ($61)

9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

he checks and i move in so it's 125 to him. he thinks and thinks. and dedcides to call since he's has to leave soon anyway.

now. my main question is if you put your opponemt on a draw here. is it correct to move in now, or would it be preferable to bet say $40, and as long as nothing threatening comes out, move in on the river whether you improve or not? unless you pair, then maybe check through. but of course criticism on other aspects of the hand are also welcome.

appreciate it
Old 10-18-2005, 06:55 AM

Default Re: 1/2 Home Game Turn Play

I would call you here with anything. Noone with a hand is shoving $125 into a $60 pot, and it's clear that 9 didn't hit you. If you want to bluff, bet like you have something.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:59 AM

No reason to move in on turn in my opinion. Or to re-raise more than 10$ on flop. The small re-raise is gonna usually gonna get you a free card, no need to get wild on a draw, even more so one with 2 hearts on the flop. Take your free card and see what happens on the river. He could have a flush draw that did not get there on river and quit the pot, or you could make your hand.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call you here with anything. Noone with a hand is shoving $125 into a $60 pot, and it's clear that 9 didn't hit you. If you want to bluff, bet like you have something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point. If you really had a 9 heads up in a raised pot and it is checked to you why would you move all-in? You would want to get called here on the turn, and save the move in for the river. This did give away that you dont have a 9.