Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 02:56 PM

Default RESULTS

He actually checked behind on the river, I lied. But it illustrates what I thought was interesting about the river, which is that while some people will fire another bluff, in general they will also know that if I call 6th I'm calling 7th (as a number of you pointed out). Given that, if he bets on the river I think he'll at least have two small pair a lot, often enough that the choice may be closer than you guys imply. But maybe I'm wrong.

Of course the river wasn't actually what I was interested in, but I thought I'd address that first since it's what most people commented on. I honestly didn't even think about folding 4th, maybe it's a leak. I'd like to hear more about why Andy and Carlos would either bet or just call on 5th, I thought that it was pretty clear that the guy who bet would bet again (because he caught decent), and that I'd like to get the other guy out.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly didn't even think about folding 4th, maybe it's a leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it’s pretty close, but I’d fold (at 20/40, not at 2/4 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ). Then again, I prefer raising on 3rd, so I wouldn’t be in that spot.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to hear more about why Andy and Carlos would either bet or just call on 5th,

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I would have check-raised too.

Also, I kinda like Beer’s idea to raise on the river. Anymore thoughts on that?