Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Weirdest i have seen at a home game

Came late and watching one of my buddies play heads up. and strangely at this home game they play 10 minutes heads up and then stop and whoever has the most chips wins first place. I tried fighting that when i played but thats a different story. So they were playing heads up flop comes 329 (suits do not matter) villain raises to 40bb and my buddy decides to go all in. so he flips over his cards and villan flips over hers and she has two pair 32. and hero has 35. Lucky him, he runner runners a full boat. But then villan only gives hero 40bbs. and he is stunned. Turns out everybody says they did not hear him go all in (besides me) just believe he called the bet and flipped the cards over. after long debate villan gives hero 40bbs and then keep playing.

i did not but in because it was not my place and there were Tools there that believe they knew the game better than anybody alived and always assumed to be correct.

but i did laugh my ass off at the whole event, and the stubborn players that were watching.

-sinful
Old 08-21-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Weirdest i have seen at a home game

[ QUOTE ]
and strangely at this home game they play 10 minutes heads up and then stop and whoever has the most chips wins first place.

Turns out everybody says they did not hear him go all in (besides me) just believe he called the bet and flipped the cards over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that unusual- I've heard of it before. That keeps everyone from waiting for two people, who should both be in the money anyway.
As for the other- guess he'll remember to push his chips in BEFORE turning over his cards, next time.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:15 AM

Do they also have a clock on how long you can "think"?

If player "A" has much more chips than player "B" and the blinds are low. I guess he could stall and fold every hand for 10 minutes. Exciting poker!
Old 08-22-2005, 10:49 AM

i couldn't even watch that pathetic game