Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2005, 06:11 PM

Default HOurly win rate live vs. online win rate question

i think ive got an interesting question(forgive me if its been asked on a previous post).

Most experts agree that a good player can average about 1 bb/hr in live play which is dealt about 30 to 40 hands an hour. Now online play (full ring) u avg about twice that many hands an hour. So logically a good win rate for someone that single tables(online) should be about 2 bb/hr. And also if someone 2 tables that would suggest that they should win about 4 bb/hr(probably less though considering that u obviously cant play 2 tables as good as u can play one)So say about 3.5 bb/hr but i rarely see win rates this good when people post their pt stats and screenshots. Maybe theres a flaw in my logic? Any comments would be great or opinions on this.

thanks
Out
Old 04-10-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Re: HOurly win rate live vs. online win rate question

People post their win rates in BB/100 when talking about online play. So take the 1 BB/hr thats said to be good at B&M and estimate 40 hands per hour. This equals 2.5 BB/100, often thought to be a solid winrate for online play.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:43 PM

This most definately has never been asked before... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

You're forgiven though.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:43 PM

I believe (and my advice is untainted by experience [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) that you would find better players if you played online at the same limits. My response is pretty much based on economic theory. If all things being equal, online poker was more profitable than live poker, then people would switch to online poker until it was no longer more profitable. The exception would be if there was some barrier to entering the online poker market. As far as I can tell, there is no barrier except for poker skills, which are also required for live games. The result of this is that although you would make more big bets per hour, you would have to play at smaller stakes and it would pretty much even out.