Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Size Does Matter

[ QUOTE ]
I agree,

I didn't say it was the best line, I said it was profitable. (significantly).

The problem I have with calling or 3 betting is that I can't put hero on a flush draw if I was villain, so I might be looking to bet/push every diamond, king, queen. Villain has alot of FE in this situation and it is unclear how EV+ it is for hero, although he is ahead of villain's range but unlikely to know when he is behind.

Top pair is not that good of a trapping hand
Villain should call a push with some of his hands that are behind (KJ,QJ,JT)??
I think hands like 66-TT are only going to put another chip in the pot when they are way ahead, so your giving free cards much of the time. (40% of his holdings)
The stacks aren't that deep for villain moving to 150/300 next level.
Without a read, I don't want to figure out how villain is playing on my dime. Give me the 1.4K EV and move to the next hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hate this thinking.

Top pair, Jacks, is not a powerhouse hand, and not worthy of your whole stack.

This is still early in the tourney when we have a chance to play small-bet poker. hitting a pair and pushing is the strategy for unimaginative noobs, not solid, thinking players.

I love betting in to preflop raisers with sets, 2 pair, or monster draws because people so love to push if they have hit or have an overpair.

Play smart. Play small bet poker. Make a solid raise and reevaluate.

Now if you're one of those players who can't reevaluate, sees monsters under the bed, and can't lay down TP/TK, then heck with it. Shoving is your best strategy anyway.

-Scott