Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Two Pair w/ 3 Flush cards on Board

No reads as this was my second hand at the table. I felt terrible when the third heart came up and I was OOP. I was completely lost when it was checked around on the turn. I think I missed a C/R opportunity on the river, but I'm not sure. Thanks for any help.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Button checks.

River: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 7.50 BB, between UTG, MP1 and Hero.</font>

Brian
Old 11-21-2005, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Two Pair w/ 3 Flush cards on Board

Ugh. Checking that river is terrible. Don't give a free card to lone hearts.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:50 PM

I think you might have meant checking the turn is terrible. Although checking the river is pretty terrible as well.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:52 PM

Just keep betting until somebody tells you they have the flush.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you might have meant checking the turn is terrible. Although checking the river is pretty terrible as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct. I meant the turn, but both are terrible.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:00 PM

I am always lost when I get into this position. Would a better line have been bet out the turn calling a raise then check calling on the river?

I guess I still killed several kittens here.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:04 PM

I'll b/c this turn against most anyone (draw to 4 outer even if I'm sure of the flush). I'll c/c or c/f the river depending on the cast of characters and the river card.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:10 PM

Grunch.

Given that the flop was not raised I'm not putting anyone on 2 hearts in their hand, so I think we want to lead on the turn. If raised I'd call it and see what the river brings.

I also bet the river. There's no guarantee that villian is betting here. Nice hand.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:30 PM

*grunch*
preflop is ok.
Betting out on the flop is ok. You can't really protect your hand even with a checkraise if button open-bets if it is checked to him. You are best here often and you want to make sure that this flop is not checked through.
I do not know if you tried a check-raise on the turn. But I think you are far too timid if you are scared of a made flush now. You are risking to give any lone heart a free shot at a backdoorflush. If you are behind, you have 4 outs to a fullhouse. You will have enough Qs and Ks that pay you off most of the time. So I think you are betting for value on the turn here.
Same goes for the river. The river-card is a blank and I don't see any reads that might justify the assumption that one of your opponents is slowplaying a set or a flush. So I think you left a lot of money on the table with this hand.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grunch.

Given that the flop was not raised I'm not putting anyone on 2 hearts in their hand, so I think we want to lead on the turn. If raised I'd call it and see what the river brings.

I also bet the river. There's no guarantee that villian is betting here. Nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lead the turn as well, but just because no one raised the flop is not an indication that no one has 2 hearts. Many people are very passive with their draws and try to get them as cheaply as possible even if raising is +EV.