Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 01:59 AM

Default heads up AT hand

Only about an orbit in with villain. He seems just a tad loose passive. Just never felt comfortable with this hand.

Thoughts on all streets are welcome.

Thanks.

Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font>

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero....

Final Pot: 7.25 BB.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: heads up AT hand

That would be what is referred to as a crying call.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:28 AM

You can fold this with close to 85% certainty against the average opponent. There are so many ways he could have connected with this board that beats your now third highest pair that it's pretty unlikely your winning.

The only time you'll win is if Villian makes Moranic River Bluff bets. Morans like that only come along now and then unfortunately, so the default odds are he's not one of them - but if you think he might be or you just want to make sure, look him up.

I think Villians most likely hands are two spades or QJ.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:31 AM

I'd fold in a heartbeat.

I also think calling down from the flop on may be the better play heads-up here.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:17 AM

I fold pf
Old 10-02-2005, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold pf

[/ QUOTE ]

You should go try .50/1 old maid then.

And you gotta fold that river, way too much crap on that board that's got you beat.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:16 AM

Rethought this a little bit. Heads up, an opponent is more likely to take a shot at you than if there was three people in the pot. For that reason, calling the river bet might be worthwhile.

That being said, I don't care for the flop raise. You might be behind here from the get go.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rethought this a little bit. Heads up, an opponent is more likely to take a shot at you than if there was three people in the pot. For that reason, calling the river bet might be worthwhile.

That being said, I don't care for the flop raise. You might be behind here from the get go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with OP's opinion on villian being loose passive? Maybe you're right in calling; 87% is a lot to ask, but passive players usually don't bluff with a donkbet on the river like this do they?

*EDIT* Honestly, given his bet on the flop and his wakeup on the river I'd say he has QJ
Old 10-03-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with OP's opinion on villian being loose passive? Maybe you're right in calling; 87% is a lot to ask, but passive players usually don't bluff with a donkbet on the river like this do they?

*EDIT* Honestly, given his bet on the flop and his wakeup on the river I'd say he has QJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, so I folded to the river bet. I think odds are very good villian had a hand that beat mine given the river bet. The pf raise my be a bit loose but I don't think I mind playing HU with AT here. (Should I?)

Thanks.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:50 AM

AT is a open-raise preflop after three folds.

Postflop lines I like better because your likely to be behind already on the flop and there is no one to knock out...

1. Just call the Flop and fold to a turn bet.

2. Fold the Flop. It's better than raising.

3. Raise the Flop but take a free card on the turn. Then it looks like your on a flush draw. See if Villian bets into you on the river when the flush comes in. If not, check it through so you don't get checkraised.