Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Is ND really deserving for BCS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why does everyone think tOSU or Penn State would crush ND? Notre Dame was a reggie bush push away from beating the #1 team in the nation. So for what possible reason can you think that a 5th or 6th ranked team would destroy them? I am thinking it has to be anti-ND bias.

[/ QUOTE ]

Penn State and OSU were both able to beat MSU... easily. I don't think either team is a 2 TD favorite over ND. A 5-7 point range is appropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

OSU was losing with five minutes to go, and got a gift on special teams at the end of the half which led to a 10 point swing and a complete turn of momentum. I fail to see how this can in any way, shape, or form be described as an easy win. Penn State, on the other hand, got out to a quick 17-0 lead and led the whole way, so at least you got one right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exhibit B: Stanford. Do I need to say more?

[/ QUOTE ]

At least that's better than flat out lying.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Exhibit B: Stanford. Do I need to say more?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you watch ND much this year? Did you even watch that game? That game was the definition of a team coming out flat thinking they could run over a team. ND beats them 10 times out of 10 if they actually care and don't come out flat. This might say something negative about their charachter if they look over bad teams but it does not mean they are less of a team because they beat Stanford in a close game.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:04 PM

Not to mention that it wasn't all that terrible of a performance. We outgained them nearly 2-1 (660-330 I believe), but lost the turnover battle 2-0, gave up a kick return td, missed two chip shot fgs and an extra point, and still won by a td. It was an ugly game that shouldn't have been that close, but it was still very clear who the better team was.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:23 PM

I would hope. This is a team that lost to UC Davis. I really hope the Domers get a BCS bid, cause they will never stfu otherwise. When you get your asses handed to you, you can make up excuses like coming out flat or losing the turnover battle.

ND will be lucky to score 20 points on OSU or PSU.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

ND will be lucky to score 20 points on OSU or PSU.

[/ QUOTE ]so you are saying the score is likely to be 25-19, or something like that?

BLOWOUT!!!!

Quit being such a tard.

My whole point is people are being completely absurbed in regards to ND and just love to claim they are overrated ALL THE [censored] TIME.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:40 PM

people love to hate nd, the games don't really mean anything, they have it in their heads that we're overrated because we are nd and they'll never get over that
Old 11-30-2005, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good thing to know your checking my spelling

[/ QUOTE ]

"You're."

See, I'm helping too.

[/ QUOTE ]

come on man, apostrophes are tough stuff
Old 11-30-2005, 11:27 PM

Do they deserve a BCS bid? No

Will they receive one? Yes

The arguments about ND and their schedule will continue until they join a major conference (i.e. not the Big East), and I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:38 AM

The purpose of the BCS is to select two teams to play in the National Championship game. Everything else is extraneous.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:48 AM

Notre Dame 9-3 in 1998 and 2000 under Bob Davie...ND fans drinking the kool-aid and calling him the 2nd coming of Knute Rockne. 1997, 1999, 2001 they go 7-6, 5-7, 5-6 respectively. ND fans calling for Davie's head.

2002- ND goes 10-3 under Ty Willingham...ND fans again drinking the kool-aid. Ty is a gift from God himself.
2003, 5-7, 2004, 6-6 including the Irish's 7th consecutive bowl loss. Rioting in the streets. Ty sucks.

2005 - The Irish are having a great season and ND fans are drinking the kool-aid yet again. All images of Knute Rockne in and around the stadium have been replaced with larger images of Charlie Weis. The Irish then get smoked 41-9 in a bowl game again by another school with the initials OSU.

They are ND. They get special treatment. No, they don't deserve a BCS bid. It's going to be the same old story over the next couple of seasons. They are losing 12 starters and they can't recruit. Weis is a good coach but so was Willingham. You can't win games without players.