Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2004, 07:07 PM

Default Seeing each other at the poker tables

I know that some or many of you know each other on party, stars, or wherever else you play, and I've read of some hands between more than one 2+2'er. Yet, I have never seen any lists or posts indicating what any given user's name is on these sites. I don't use the same handle as my username for this forum, so I'm curious.

Do people just know each other such that there is no need to state these handles? Or do people just, on a personal level, PM each other asking what each others' names are, or do people in general not want others to know who they are online? Personally, I sense a decently strong amount of community on this forum, so I'd love to know anytime a fellow 2+2'er is playing at my table or online, and, as I work my way up the SNG buy-ins, I can't wait to see some of you all in action online. Can someone clue me in to what people usually do? I'm gyro910 on Pokerstars. I don't care if anyone thinks I suck and stalks me at the SNGs. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2004, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Seeing each other at the poker tables

Whatever you do don't mention the forum, I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!

Regards ML
Old 07-19-2004, 08:07 PM

If you suspect someone of being a 2+2er, ask them "Does the brown trout sleep in the closet?".

link
Old 07-19-2004, 08:53 PM

I guess I have a lot of learning ahead of me. I don't think I am observant enough just yet to be able to determine if someone is from this forum or not. That is, unless I notice a name that looks identical to a poster here. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2004, 09:56 PM

Excpet on Party, where I have a completely different name, I'm some version of Kurn, or Kurnsonofmogh, everywhere else.