Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Live 6/12 3 handed, 3 hands.

straddling is just posting an extra blind which is usually very EV- because you are UTG where you normally are folding everything but very nice hands

but in a 3 way pot what % of hands are you raising from the button? lots, so you aren't losing a TON of money from posting an extra bet but now you can throw in three bets with really nice hands and have position on every single round

I don't know I haven't thought a ton about it or read any deep analysys, but I know a lot of places prohibit the button straddle in a 3 handed game, that and what I just said made me think it could be quite advantageous.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Can you three-bet your own straddle after the other players have called?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you can 3bet your straddle, I agree 100% that if you can't this is really really stupid
Old 12-06-2005, 04:16 PM

OP

hand 1: i like your plan
hand 2: I assume you check behind unimproved?
hand 3: keep the initiative, I'd put in two or so more on the flop
Old 12-06-2005, 10:27 PM

Default Results and thoughts.

Hand #1 I don't think I was giving too much action here, there is no way he has an overpair, and I'm not sure he he completes 64, 62, or 42. I just don't see what I'm behind here. If I do raise the turn and get called, I'm not sure how often I'm betting the river though.

In reality the turn was an Ace, SB checks (???)I bet, he folds. Really confused as to what he could have had here, this was really hard hand to figure out.

Hand #2 I think a PF raise is better as well. The second I raised I hated this, if he is ahead he can 3 bet and I have to call, and if he is behind he is unlikely to catch up and if he is stone bluffing bluffing why do I want to stop him? It seems like in all these situations raising seems pretty bad after the fact. Anyway he folded to the turn raise, so I play bad and win anyway

Hand #3 Turn was a Q, I cr'd, and bet the blank river, he called with A5 and MHIG. Still not sure about this one, I hadn't met a lot of resistance on the on flop, so I think counting on a turn bet I can cr seems dicey and getting 3 bet on the turn sucks.

On the subject of the button straddle, I have not been able to find the thread on it, but I'm pretty sure some pretty sharp posters said it was money. But a little information in the wrong hands can be deadly, so I suggest figuring out how to play it before using it.

Thanks for all the replies.

NM