Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: In desperate need of someone to review my play for my last 16k han

First I'd just like to say thanks for the support. I have not contributed as much as some others in the forums but when I come here for help its always there. Its very appreciated. I have been absent from the forums a lot in recent times - when poker is not going well it's hard to be excited about posting and reading hands.

I would love to exchange HHs with anyone who takes a look at mine. I have uploaded them in 4k hand batches to be downloaded here:

1st 4k
2nd 4k
3rd 4k
4th 4k

They're about 500kb each.

These hands are my most recent 16k, where I have tried to buckle down, 2-table, take copious notes, play my A++++ game, etc. I have slipped up. Theres a little bit of 3 and 4-tabling in there. There is a little bit of unfocused play. There is more than likely some awful tilt play in there. I just need to get an outside perspective because there have to be some big holes in there.

Questions, comments or concerns? Feel free to PM me, AIM me (piz0wn), or email davesperanza@comcast.net. I am going to finish clearing a bonus on party and then perhaps spend the rest of the month not playing, but combing through these and posting and discussing hands. Thanks again.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:08 PM

Hey Balkii,

Check this thread out. Look at the graph for 2BB/100 given a 17SD. It's really scary how long a 1-2+BB/100 winner can theoretically run bad for.

I've been there and back, all I can say is it isn't easy. You understand the experience...every day sitting down fresh, concentrating, improving one's game each day...all to have more big losing days than winning days, and you don't know why. The answer is simple - VARIANCE. It happens. IT SUCKS.

We have to learn to cope. I was 2+ BB/100 at every limit below 5/10, then spent about 100k at 5/10 for 1.5 BB/100(with a 30k breakeven stretch in there). My first 17k at 10/20 were straight down, -400BB. I've rallied from it and i'm even taking shots at 15/30 now, but it's left my winrate in shambles over the last 100k.

We have to be honest with ourselves though. Do you tilt? Are you stuck on autopilot? It's easy to say "I should 3bet him because I have a set," but did you do a rough hand-range analysis in your mind? Did you consider the size of the pot? All simple things that many of us simply stop doing because so much becomes habitual. Getting off of autopilot did wonders for my confidence at least, and hopefully my increased results as well.

Good luck with it. I'm really busy right now and don't have time to look through your DBs, but I'd be happy to do a hand swap with you in November when things get quiter.

Surf
Old 10-23-2005, 09:21 PM

Default Re: In desperate need of someone to review my play for my last 16k hands

Go play something different, SNGs worked for me.

Then reread MLHE and go through how good is your limit holdem.

You'd also want to think about moving up when you recover as the 10/20 6max games suck IMO.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:18 PM

Yeah, different games give a good change of pace. I've been doing MTTs and SnGs, lots of fun.

Why do you think the 10/20 game is so bad? What limit would you advocate?

Surf
Old 10-23-2005, 10:30 PM

With the extra rake and more TAGs/less fish its just not as good as it use to be.

Did it get better after the Party/affiliates breakup?
Old 10-24-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With the extra rake and more TAGs/less fish its just not as good as it use to be.

Did it get better after the Party/affiliates breakup?

[/ QUOTE ]

thx for the advice.

I have no idea how the post-split games are, i'm playing on a non-party site right now...mostly 15/30 since it's actually softer than the 10/20 most times. Hopefully be back on party soon, though.

Surf
Old 10-24-2005, 01:43 AM

Default Re: In desperate need of someone to review my play for my last 16k hands

i have experienced some sickening envelopments. my roomate has endured far worse. its a disgusting game. eventually you will win again and next time wont be as bad bc you know that you will come back.