Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 05:22 AM

Default Poker Tracker

I've been playing online since September, lost money thru October. Now, I'm not making much money given hours I play, but am barely better than break even. What can I expect in temrs of my results from Poker Tracker?
Old 01-25-2005, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Poker Tracker

[ QUOTE ]
What can I expect in temrs of my results from Poker Tracker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing. Pokertracker is worthless and a waste of your time and money. Just like this site and other poker discussion groups. Even the "search" function here and elsewhere on the internet is no good. You might as well "wing it", you'll make alot more money playing poker that way.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:47 AM

Hmmm... Fuzzy question, though I'll try to answer it the best I can.

It all depends on how you use Poker Tracker. If you spend time going through played hands after each session and analyze losing hands (as well as winning hands) you'll definitely find it very helpful.

First of all, PT has the Game Time Window. This tool is very helpful when multi-tabling as you can get a quick look at your opponent without having observed him/her closely. Spotting TAG:s, calling stations and maniacs is essential.

After each game, go through a couple of hands, re-play them in your mind and post them here for advice.

When you have collected a database worth mentioning, you can spend weeks filtering played hands and see what hands are big losers, if you suck in a particular position, cold-call to often etc.

Though... PT is just a tool (although a great one) so keep reading books and browsing this forum...
Old 01-25-2005, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What can I expect in temrs of my results from Poker Tracker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing. Pokertracker is worthless and a waste of your time and money. Just like this site and other poker discussion groups. Even the "search" function here and elsewhere on the internet is no good. You might as well "wing it", you'll make alot more money playing poker that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maulik,

Welcome to the forum! Please don't get discouraged from this type of response. Unfortunately, some people lose sight of the fact that, they too, were once beginners and new to this forum.

I suggest you purchase PT, which will allow you to play back hands. If you are unsure about how you played a hand, then post it using Bison's Hand Converter . And, read as many hand posts and responses as possible. There are quite a few great players that are happy to give you free advice.

Good Luck!

NOTE: This question should not be posted in this forum. It's better suited for the Books/Software forum.