Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 04:45 AM

Default Re: Best fold you\'ve ever seen made?

[ QUOTE ]
I was the villian in that hand, Sponger knew i wouldn't put in the 12th bet with less than the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is standard. It was a clear bet-reraise-reraise-reraise-reraise-reraise-fold situation.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:08 AM

Hellmuth folded top 2 pairs K8 I think on a board with K83 to Lederer who then showed up pocket 3's.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hellmuth folded top 2 pairs K8 I think on a board with K83 to Lederer who then showed up pocket 3's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure Phil would call there just to bitch about how the dealer rigged the deck.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:30 PM

Live 1/2NL game at foxwoods earlier this year I folded KK on a 984r flop when I potted it and he raised me 3x my bet. He showed 44.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:10 PM

I've folded a baby flush (like 3 high) with only 3 to a flush on the board to a simple bet pot - raise pot in a live NL game. Villain overvalued hands and was a LAG postflop, but he showed me a higher flush.

I was proud of that one.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:03 PM

A friend of mine folded top boat in a PLO game when it was bet, raised and reraised in front of him. It would have cost him 2K to see quads.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:29 PM

About 2 years ago I was playing live with a friend of mine who had never played hold 'em before. I had been playing 10/20 but went over to his 2/4 game to play with him for a bit. Before the blinds get to me, he shows me Ad Td and limps after a bunch of limpers and I smack my head.

The flop is 5d 6d 7d. My friend raises and raises and it's capped 3 ways.

Turn is a 3s. This time the limpers check to my friend who bets and is called. The river is the 9d. The first guy checks, the next guy bets out and my friend bullet folds. I am literally weeping in my seat when the other guy folds. My friend stands up and says, "I knew he had the 8!" and I am just beyond myself. The guy in the middle sheepishly turns up Kd 8d and says "I knew you had the ace high flush but I just couldn't fold it." My friend would later told me that the guy had not bet out any street that whole night(indeed he had just called along even with the K high flush). I would later post the hand on the board and watch everybody reem out my friend for the best read I've ever seen.
-James
Old 10-18-2005, 03:40 PM

Probably not an amazing fold when I get to the end of the story.

I folded AA on the button pre-flop against the blinds. Wow you say? Is this guy crazy?

Well no, here is what happened:
It was in a Party Poker speed tournaments I was on the button with 5 players left at the final table. I had about 8,000 in chips, the blinds were 50,000-100,000 and except for 2 players, it was a forced all in for the rest of the table when posting the blinds.
Because of my fold I came in second when the chip leader busted 3 players two hands later.

So not so amazing but I can honestly say that I folded AA pre-flop on the button against the blinds and that move helped me come in second in a multi-table tournament.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would later post the hand on the board and watch everybody reem out my friend for the best read I've ever seen.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when have you been hanging with BVT?
Old 10-18-2005, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
France, 1940.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lame. They didn't really fold. Clearly Russia was the player in that war that made a great fold. They folded and folded and folded until they had the cards right and then started raising like mad when the cards fell in their favor.