Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: I get to fly hungover (semi trip report).

Sweet. It's alwasy nicer to find out you're going to get somewhere quicker than expected.

Anyway, the results you all (or at least Shajen) asked for:

Call #1 - Megan
Voicemail: "Hi, this is Megan, sorry I'm not available to take your call"
Me: "Hi, I got your number at the bar last night. I'm leaving the country in a few hours. Shame that. Have a nice life."

Call #2 - Sara
Computer Voice: "The number you have dialed is not currently assigned to a Telus mobile phone" or whatever it is that message says. Either she's forgetful or I got fake numbered [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Call #3 - Heather the ass girl, yes, that's what she wrote her name down as. The story - her rather fine ass was on a stool about six feet behind my buddy's head so I was kind of listening to him and looking at it for quite a while. I then decide it's a good idea to walk over and say "Hi, I've been staring at your ass for the last half hour so thought I should come over and introduce myself" somehow this didn't get me slapped. Anyway:
Voicemail: "Hi, leave a message" - it was a female voice at least so I'm hoping that means it was real but prepared to accept that it was just random digits.
Me: *hangs up*

Call #4 - Kate (one waitress)
Calgary Health Region STD Clinic - I got pwned

Call #5 - Dawn (the other waitress)
Success! She answered,
I told her I was the guy last night who asked "can I get another pitcher of beer and either your phone number or a couple of shots of Jager to drown my sorrows?"
She laughed and joked that she'd only given me her real number because they were out of Jager.
Couple minutes idle chit chat then she asked what I was doing today and I replied "not much, I'm going to the airport in a couple hours to fly to London but apart from that, nothing."
We chatted a bit more. Shame I met her on my last night in town, she's pretty cool. If I miss my flight, we're going to the zoo on Thursday for our first date.

And there we have it, collecting numbers with no intention of using them has a better success rate than when you try to collect them with the intention of using them. The Tao of Steve is correct.