Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2004, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Desperately seeking help on my game

[ QUOTE ]
Over my first 1000+ tournaments at the 20 and 30 level on party poker, I was a ~30% ROI player 4 tabling. The tide has seemingly turned, however, and now, over my last 300 SNG's I am looking at a barely positive ROI of about 2%.

[/ QUOTE ]

These numbers are statistically significant. Over 99% confidence you draw conclusion that these two are not from the same mean(ROI). You can almost eliminate randomness as a cause. Therefore, assume your absolute skill does not decrease, Yes, the game is getting harder. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2004, 11:22 PM

Default Re: HH2 - Third Place (Part 2)

level 5: You have QJo at one point and I think you can probably go allin here for value. Your hand is a favorite over 3 random ones and you have stealing equity. It would seem to be a +$EV move, although I haven't crunched the numbers.

3-handed: I don't like your allin with 54o in the SB. You are a 60/30 dog to any random hand. You're also going to be called by a wide range of hands here. I think you can wait another hand or two before you need to make a move.

Again, I think you played fine. This seems like typically solid play to me. I think you probably just need to stick with your game plan and keep playing your 'A' game.

Good luck!
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]