Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 11:42 AM

Default KQ SB

MP was 90% VPIP and on a roll and would call any piece for whatever. CO was 25/15/3 over 20x hands

What about pre flop. CC okay or must this be raised?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 11-03-2005, 11:52 AM

Default Re: KQ SB

I think this hand is a disaster. (But maybe I'm results oriented from the river checking through)

It would help to know MPs PFR.

Flop lead is good. Not 3-betting the flop is bad.

Not check raising the turn is bad.

River.... blerg.

By calling preflop you are misrepresenting your hand to the degree that you'll get quite a bit of action from hands you beat. But you have to get in there and bet/raise to do that.

Krishan
Old 11-03-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CO was 25/15/3 over 20x hands

[/ QUOTE ]

do you mean UTG?? If so the 3bet preflop is a must, these guys are usually capable of folding and you would love love love to get this heads up against anytwowilldo.

after just calling preflop, I am stunned that you didn't c/r the pfr and face MP with two cold. I don't get that at all. The only reason I can see not to do that is if you think you can bet/3-bet, but you just called?

the on the turn you give a free card on a drawy board?? I would say my ranking of options on the turn are 1) bet 2) check/raise 3) check/call

I don't even want to talk to you about the river.

I hope we can still be friends.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop lead is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everything else you said, but I usually check raise this flop. Can you explain why you bet? Do you do this because you view MP as a maniac who will raise you regardless (allowing the 3-bet)? Do you do this against most opponents?

Thanks,
Spicymoose
Old 11-03-2005, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop lead is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everything else you said, but I usually check raise this flop. Can you explain why you bet? Do you do this because you view MP as a maniac who will raise you regardless (allowing the 3-bet)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> Do you do this against most opponents? </pre><hr />

No, some opponents I would have to worry about being behind. Against a maniac I am so far ahead that a check raise doesn't even enter my mind (in combination with the likelyhood that he raises)

Krishan
Old 11-03-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop lead is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everything else you said, but I usually check raise this flop. Can you explain why you bet? Do you do this because you view MP as a maniac who will raise you regardless (allowing the 3-bet)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

[/ QUOTE ]

Few more questions regarding this... OP only told us that our opponent had 90 VPIP, but didn't mention his agression. I assume you were assuming that since his VPIP was so high, he was much more likely to also be agressive? Also, since you said that check raising doesn't even enter your mind against a maniac, I was curious as to what standards of an opponent you need before you start check raising. Would a 50/25/2.5 still be enough of a maniac to have bet/attempt to 3-bet be your standard play?

Finally, in this hand we only have one more opponent, so protection isn't as important as it sometimes is. Against this maniac, do you still lead when you have 4 or 5 opponents (you, maniac, two or three guys inbetween you guys)? I would think that since the pot size is getting quite a bit bigger, and your opponents likely have a lot more outs against you, that you have to check raise. Or again, do you lead attempting to get yourself a giant pot, along with the possible benefit of getting a bet from some opponents who then fold to the 3-bet?

Thanks,
Spicymoose
Old 11-03-2005, 12:35 PM

Might want to C/R flop. Def. reraise flop. As you played it, C/R turn. Bet the river.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this hand is a disaster

[/ QUOTE ]

Your actually being kind.

Not sure what happened or more thinking here.
[ QUOTE ]
Not 3-betting the flop is bad

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad is a kind word. How about criminal.

The thing I am not sure of is pre flop. Bad, good, indifferent.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The thing I am not sure of is pre flop. Bad, good, indifferent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm indifferent leaning towards bad. But again it's tough to say since you don't include a PFR %.

Krishan