Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 11:27 AM

Default AQ VS a Maniac

MP was A TAG
Bttn was a maniac 45/35/2.5

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (13 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, Button calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB
Old 11-03-2005, 11:30 AM

Default Re: AQ VS a Maniac

I always leave off the last river action. Cutting the hand off after you bet on the river just seems right to me. You are donking the river to control the number of bets that go into the pot?

I would consider 3-betting that turn. Your hand is sooo strong against a maniac. Given that you called I like the river donk.

Krishan
Old 11-03-2005, 11:51 AM

i don't play 5/10 but i'm sure i can apply to 3/6:

could someone explain the flop c/r? we're paying the max against a maniac. seems like an iso to fold MP but why? do we care to fold his TT or JJ? the only hand i can see us needing to fold would be AK?
Old 11-03-2005, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

could someone explain the flop c/r? we're paying the max against a maniac. seems like an iso to fold MP but why? do we care to fold his TT or JJ? the only hand i can see us needing to fold would be AK?

[/ QUOTE ]

don't we sort of want undercards to our AQ fold too? I mean that is six more outs for our A-high to be good, right?

MP is in a steal position, he could have more pocket pairs than just TT/JJ
Old 11-03-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

don't we sort of want undercards to our AQ fold too? I mean that is six more outs for our A-high to be good, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect.

Krishan
Old 11-03-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MP is in a steal position, he could have more pocket pairs than just TT/JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess i wasn't think our Ace high is goot. yeah, i guess we could push lower pockets out with this c/r. thanks- i often get tunnel vision figuring he isn't Limp/raising and then betting a flop with a hands worse than ours.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:17 PM

yea, i'd 3 bet. he's a maniac, isn't he. maximize your wins with this strong hand.