Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Interesting TT hand

Hey all,

Quick little TT hand here. BB here is pretty tag, I wouldnt doubt if he was a 2+2er. I don't have much of a read on SB, but he's not that good and goes to showdown too often. Wasn't really sure on the flop play. Should I raise this, or just fold and wait for something better. I'm not really sure why I called anymore.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Ponks is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Ponks raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Ponks calls, MP calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Ponks calls, MP calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Ponks calls, MP folds.

River: (11 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Ponks calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Ponks
Old 06-08-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Interesting TT hand

I would cap preflop with 2 other players in for the ride.

A 3-bet from the BB after a TAG UTG raise and 2 coldcallers would usually mean AJs+, AQ+, TT+. How do you like your hand on the flop versus that sampling? Fold the flop.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would cap preflop with 2 other players in for the ride.

A 3-bet from the BB after a TAG UTG raise and 2 coldcallers would usually mean AJs+, AQ+, TT+. How do you like your hand on the flop versus that sampling? Fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like my hand vs BB actually. I'm pretty sure he wouldnt 3-bet me with AJs. He's pretty tight with his raising standards but not too tight. I've played with him a lot too so I'm pretty sure he respects my UTG raise here.

Ponks
Old 06-08-2005, 07:55 PM

I think the turn call is worse than the flop call, personally. I think you are almost never ahead on this turn. I think folding the flop is best, but I'd like it better if you'd capped PF.

Jon
Old 06-08-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the turn call is worse than the flop call, personally. I think you are almost never ahead on this turn. I think folding the flop is best, but I'd like it better if you'd capped PF.

Jon

[/ QUOTE ]

Well on the turn I don't give the SB much credit for just betting out here. Often times I see some terrible hands from people who do this. Then since BB did not raise I figure he does not have a pair and put him AK. I figured on the turn the pot was big enough to call down on unless a bad river card came.

Ponks
Old 06-08-2005, 09:16 PM

Easy flop fold. There's a good chance you're behind BB already, but if not he likely has ten outs with AK. There are two players left to act behind you though and there's a good chance this board hit them and they're not folding. You're overall equity in this spot on average is not enough to continue. If you were going to continue, you should raise the flop. But I think its an easy fold.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:22 PM

Fold the flop.

Unless you're putting BB on exactly AK, you're behind - not to mention the other two players who are also in this pot.

Equity-wise, I think you have very little chance of having a winning hand by the river.

Adam
Old 06-08-2005, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well on the turn I don't give the SB much credit for just betting out here. Often times I see some terrible hands from people who do this. Then since BB did not raise I figure he does not have a pair and put him AK. I figured on the turn the pot was big enough to call down on unless a bad river card came.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is -EV.

Cap preflop. Fold the flop and turn.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Results

Well I ended up winning this one against the SB's 99. I really think I should have raised or folded the flop looking back. I really figured I had the best hand on the turn, but not sure enough to be raising.

Ponks
Old 06-09-2005, 12:52 AM

You're overthinking things. Fold the flop.

Cap pre flop for value and initiative(induce bad folds from BB post flop).