Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: I Used The Whole Time Clock On This River

Yes, it does matter in the math and in many decisions, but I don't believe it matters in THIS decision with only 31 ties. Of course, it depends what spot you are in and how big the pot is. If your are the favorite, then obvioulsy the ties will make you a smaller favorite, and if you are a dog, the other way.

But, for ties to make a 16-9 dog NOT call a 4.5-1 bet, I would think there would have to be in the hundreds of ties, at least. If somebody could do the math for this, I would sure like to see it.

At any rate, I still do not believe 31 ties turns a 16-9 dog hand getting 4.5-1 from a call to a fold, but please prove me wrong.

Edit: I'm trying to figure out the effects of the ties here, and, actually, I don't think any number of ties would change any of the call/fold decisions in this particular problem. I guess, on that last statement I made, the more ties you could have the BETTER your call, is that correct? And on the hands where you are a favorite, no amount of ties would make the call -ev either (in this situation).