Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Another interesting one from today\'s session

Sb was loose and passive and played very poorly, calling down way to much and not getting value on his good hands.

UTG was a strange beast. I had been playing with him for a while, and he was very loose (55 or so vpip), didn't raise enough preflop, and would do strange things like limp-reraise his good hands from pretty much any position and play bizarely postflop. But not manaical by any means.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>.

The rest of the turn action and river action will be forthcoming.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:04 AM

Default Re: Another interesting one from today\'s session

Ok, nobody read it and those that did didn't find it interesting. Here is the rest of the turn and river action.

Turn: (5 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (14 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 14 BB
Old 07-07-2005, 02:06 AM

why 3bet if youre not going to bet this river?
Old 07-07-2005, 02:15 AM

Seriously, bet the river. You'll be called by a 9 (8 likely calls as well) or a pocket pair lower than yours more often than you'll actually be beaten here IMO. You have no reason to believe you're behind.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:45 AM

Bet the river, even if he had 2 pair, it just got counterfeited.

bet the river.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
even if he had 2 pair, it just got counterfeited.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?
Old 07-07-2005, 04:31 AM

On the turn my 3-bet was meant as a combo protect my hand / free showdown play. On the turn I decided I had too much of a hand to fold, but that 3-betting was far better than calling since it made sb pay 2 bets cold and UTG was not likely to cap or bet the river with anything I could beat. At that point I was not confident enough that I was ahead of UTG to plan on betting the river.

When the river came I really wanted to bet, but decided instead to follow through with my turn plan and check. The J is also a fairly dangerous card, since it pairs up the straight draw. Looking back I like betting the river a bit more, but I still think it is very close.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:35 AM

Definitly bet this river.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn my 3-bet was meant as a combo protect my hand / free showdown play. On the turn I decided I had too much of a hand to fold, but that 3-betting was far better than calling since it made sb pay 2 bets cold and UTG was not likely to cap or bet the river with anything I could beat. At that point I was not confident enough that I was ahead of UTG to plan on betting the river.

When the river came I really wanted to bet, but decided instead to follow through with my turn plan and check. The J is also a fairly dangerous card, since it pairs up the straight draw. Looking back I like betting the river a bit more, but I still think it is very close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind the free showdown play against an average player, but against this guy this is a value bet. He could be making his play with a pair and the Ah or Kh.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:21 AM

Why the hell aren't you on AIM right now!!!???