Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2004, 06:39 PM

Default Need help with Fantasy Trade

Hey all,

I'm looking for some advice on the following fantasy trade. Our league requires a starting tight end.

The trade would be David Carr and Freddie Jones (my current tight end) for Jeremy Shockey.

My replacement QB would be Chad Pennington. I looked at their matchups down the road and it looks like Carr has a lot easier matchups, especially during the playoffs over Pennington. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I've been really looking to improve my TE spot as it's my weakest spot right now, but I dont think I really want to give up Carr. This is my first year doing fantasy football so I really dont know that much about it, but the trade is also versus my Dad. I'm thinking I should offer Pennington and Jones for Shockey? Is that better? My Dad's QB was Culpepper, but he traded him last week and replaced him with Leftwich, but now Leftwich is out for 4-6 weeks, so he's really in a tight spot with a QB. I don't want to rip him off, but don't want to get ripped off either.

Thanks all
Ponks
Old 11-02-2004, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Need help with Fantasy Trade

No, not worth it.

Shockey has been worthless this season. I was fortunate enough to include him in a trade (I have A. Gates though).

Carr should continue to do well the rest of the season.

NYG = Tiki.

You're just losing points if you make this trade.

Shockey only has like one more TD than Jones. (I don't think it's worth it with the matchups left.)

You could however try to dump of Pennington for a good TE.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Need help with Fantasy Trade

Yah, I just decided I couldn't trade Carr. We're doing Pennington for Shockey straight up. We both don't really need anything else and if Carr gets hurt he said we'd work something out to get me Pennington back so I'm pretty safe all around.

Thanks
Ponks