Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 04:09 PM

Default curtains hand #5000: ATs limp with position

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t (10 handed) converter

SB (t985)
BB (t1000)
UTG (t965)
UTG+1 (t910)
UTG+2 (t1220)
MP1 (t985)
MP2 (t1000)
Hero (t990)
CO (t970)
Button (t975)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls t15, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t15, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t75) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t60</font>, UTG+2 calls t60, Hero calls t60, SB folds.

Turn: (t255) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t125</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t380

this hand seemed awkward to me although ill admit that i cant think of a much better line. i would usually fold this preflop (ill admit to being a wuss) to avoid these situations entirely, even though it is soooted [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

should hero raise this flop (under what conditions would this action be appropriate)? when hero just calls, what is the plan for the turn? is hero looking for utg to shut down and hopefully get a cheap showdown if unimproved? how does the call by UTG+2 on the flop change the situation?

meh, this hand might be boring but its the first one that stood out so far.

edit: fixed the size of the pot.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: curtains hand #5000: ATs limp with position

I fold to the flopbet. With one caller, one of them has me beat. And even if they don't, its going to be too expensive to find out where I am.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:25 PM

UTG's betting is interesting. Slightly over-potting it a bit into two behind - on a non-drawing flop. Then reducing to 1/2'ish on the turn. Smells like an Ace hero might be ahead of here possibly.

AK doesn't limp UTG, AQ doesn't necessarily play his 2-pair this fast on the flop. AJ, A&lt;J?

Without a raise behind, he's probably not too worried about AK, but possibly AQ. Hero cold-calling behind the once-called flop lead might provide an opportunity to move on this turn.

With UTG now out of the way, I wonder if Hero thought about showing his "AQ" here on the turn.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:27 PM

Pot has 75 chips in it. The converter messed up.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:28 PM

Limp pre-flop is OK with position.

Pretty easy fold for me on the flop. I'm not ahead often enough and only a T helps me, or something runner-runner.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:30 PM

Ah. Still looking at his turn lead....hmmmmm, 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I suspect you consider jumping on - no?
Old 12-16-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ah. Still looking at his turn lead....hmmmmm, 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I suspect you jump on - no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be of the opinion that if you feel you're A is no good anyway, then the 5c shouldnt change things THAT much. FWIW, I think AT is good here enough to warrant calling down....but at the 215s I have no idea.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ah. Still looking at his turn lead....hmmmmm, 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I suspect you jump on - no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be of the opinion that if you feel you're A is no good anyway, then the 5c shouldnt change things THAT much. FWIW, I think AT is good here enough to warrant calling down....but at the 215s I have no idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

The opponent being willing to fire a second larger barrel is what makes me fold. On the flop I simply don't know, but Im not folding this.... They often just check the turn if they arent serious.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The opponent being willing to fire a second larger barrel is what makes me fold. On the flop I simply don't know, but Im not folding this.... They often just check the turn if they arent serious.

[/ QUOTE ]Hmm, this is the way they play at the $22s, too. There really isn't a higher likelihood of following through on the turn in the $215s?
Old 12-16-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, but where does that leave you? Check behind, check/fold the river? I don't really see how you can play this fast at any point, so I'd rather just save the 60 chips to start with.