Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 01:18 AM

Default ($22) AT tight table

Table was tight (button was a little loose early on) and SB is really tight and is a 2+2er, BB also tight by my numbers. Is playing AT terrible here? I don't think it can be played anyother way than push IF you play it at all. My image should be very tight as well...except that I had just pushed last hand and went uncontested. Blinds just got to this level.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (9 handed) converter

SB (t1210)
BB (t1075)
UTG (t1458)
UTG+1 (t475)
MP1 (t485)
MP2 (t825)
MP3 (t780)
Hero (t862)
Button (t830)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero raises All-in, Button folds, SB raises all in, BB folds.

result:
<font color="white"> SB (2+2er) had AK </font>
Old 12-02-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: ($22) AT tight table

standard.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:25 AM

Tight tables have a habit of becoming loose very fast. Anyway, from the CO I'd fold this. You are doing fine in chips and a tight table = blinds hit you less often. Look at the stacks, look at stack management. Level 5, I'd like this a lot more. Level 4 hasty.

Patience.

see my reply, but I disagree.

I wouldn't push BECAUSE I just pushed one hand ago. For me to make consecutive pushes my hand needs to seriously improve. I'll make 4th consecutive raise/push for the blinds pretty much only with AA, KK, AKs. ATo is a bit weak for a second push IMO.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:26 AM

i'd push this w/o thinking.

if i'm wrong, whoo-eeeh, i need to do some studying.

and that's a real possibility . . .
Old 12-02-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tight tables have a habit of becoming loose very fast. Anyway, from the CO I'd fold this. You are doing fine in chips and a tight table = blinds hit you less often. Look at the stacks, look at stack management. Level 5, I'd like this a lot more. Level 4 hasty.

Patience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we run ICM on this? I don't have SNG power tools, but I'd like to see what it says. I'd be suprised if this isn't +EV.

Whoever made the point about pushing twice in a row, I actually missed that hero pushed the previous hand when I read the post. That would probably also get me to fold because, as GtrHtr, we aren't desparate yet.

If you argue that the push from the hand before loosened the blinds' calling standards, then ICM might say it's a fold. Using the standard ranges though, I'm pretty sure it's a push, although it might be close.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Patience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we run ICM on this? I don't have SNG power tools, but I'd like to see what it says. I'd be suprised if this isn't +EV.

Whoever made the point about pushing twice in a row, I actually missed that hero pushed the previous hand when I read the post. That would probably also get me to fold because, as GtrHtr, we aren't desparate yet.

If you argue that the push from the hand before loosened the blinds' calling standards, then ICM might say it's a fold. Using the standard ranges though, I'm pretty sure it's a push, although it might be close.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a push with all ranges, and it will be more profitable with a calling range of 22+,A2s+,A3o+,KTs+,KJo+,QJs instead of 44+,A7s+,A9o+,KJs+. So them loosening up isn't something that should deter hero from pushing.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:04 AM

i autopush this... nh.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:21 AM

This is a very easy push. I can't believe someone thinks you should fold? From the CO? With 3 to act? Err.. there's no range they can call with to make this unprofitable..