Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Latest chip counts - Raymer in 4th

i thought plastik would be out he was short stacked last time i checked it was yesterday, ive only heard bad things about this guy although his cardplayer interview was good i prolly shouldnt call him a douche bag though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: WSOP Day 3: \"Official\" News, Results, and Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Date / Time: 2005-07-11 14:22:00
Title: No More Music Players
Log: Tournament Director Johnny Grooms is reminding the players that music players, cell phones, and similar items are not allowed to be used at the tables. This is a policy that has been in place throughout this year's World Series of Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really no IPOD's or walkmans? As much as I like poker I could not sit there for 12 hour days without music. That sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

its funny cuz all picutes of Ivey have him with big headphones...i guess it was to drown out the noise and not have anyone talk to him

[/ QUOTE ]

well for some reason the pros seem to be obsessed with wearing bose quietcomfort 2, ive ONLY seen those bose headphones or ipod earbuds. quietcomforts are all about their noise cancellation, shitty music reproduction and outrageously high price for what they are. i dont understand why players playing for millions of dollars will spend 200 dollars on complete pieces of garbage when there are amazing sealed headphones available for like 100 bucks, i guess they just love their bose. but anyways, they were allowed to wear them until the money, which is probably why you saw him wearing them yesterday, they werent in the money yet.

rj
Old 07-11-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hate this douche bag

David Plastik Catches A Break
Log: With the flop showing A-7-3. David Plastik is all-in with A-K, but is called by someone holding a set of 7's. The turn is an Ace, giving his opponent an full house, but the river is a King, giving Plastik a bigger full house, busting his opponent and putting Plastik at $195,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I played with him for hours at the PPM IV. He's a huge dick. Taking a huge pot off him was one of the highlights of my trip.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you. Real-time poker event coverage really seems to be in its infancy (different than poker event tv production). The log updates on cardplayer.com are too sparse (they should have more stringers covering the tables) and there's nothing really in the way of sortable stats or interactive info. It'll get better every year, but it still has a long way to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Curious, not dumping on you. How do you propose that they pay for the additional stringers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm hoping someone perfects the RFID chips that would let everyone have a live update of exact chip stack amounts, bet amounts, and what not. Then, especially if you add an overhead projector to the table, you could have the equivalent of a "gamecast" for the poker tournament. Another benefit would be that it would also help with the implementation of a clock on all decisions. I agree with Kathy L that it is unfair to have limited thinking time when some of that thinking time is spent doing a chip count. But if you knew immediately everyone's chip count at the table and the amount of the all-in then you could start the 60 second clock right away and speed up play (and who isn't in favor of more hands/hr?)
Old 07-11-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hate this douche bag

David Plastik Catches A Break
Log: With the flop showing A-7-3. David Plastik is all-in with A-K, but is called by someone holding a set of 7's. The turn is an Ace, giving his opponent an full house, but the river is a King, giving Plastik a bigger full house, busting his opponent and putting Plastik at $195,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

what a horrible way to bust out of the biggest poker tournament ever. i would think about this hand until my grave
Old 07-11-2005, 07:00 PM

The Bose QuietComforts are not an audiophile's ideal headphones, but they are very comfortable and really do an incredible job of cancelling out most mid and high frequency outside noise, even if there's no music playing through the headphones.

I would guess that most people find them much more comfortable than sealed canalphones like the Shures, and they're certainly much easier to put on and take off. They certainly do a much better job at blocking outside noise than those.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you. Real-time poker event coverage really seems to be in its infancy (different than poker event tv production). The log updates on cardplayer.com are too sparse (they should have more stringers covering the tables) and there's nothing really in the way of sortable stats or interactive info. It'll get better every year, but it still has a long way to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Curious, not dumping on you. How do you propose that they pay for the additional stringers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm hoping someone perfects the RFID chips that would let everyone have a live update of exact chip stack amounts, bet amounts, and what not. Then, especially if you add an overhead projector to the table, you could have the equivalent of a "gamecast" for the poker tournament. Another benefit would be that it would also help with the implementation of a clock on all decisions. I agree with Kathy L that it is unfair to have limited thinking time when some of that thinking time is spent doing a chip count. But if you knew immediately everyone's chip count at the table and the amount of the all-in then you could start the 60 second clock right away and speed up play (and who isn't in favor of more hands/hr?)

[/ QUOTE ]
Technology is great, but how far do you want to go? Go to far, and you'd end up playing the WSOP on the internet....
Old 07-11-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Technology is great, but how far do you want to go? Go to far, and you'd end up playing the WSOP on the internet....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think technology that gives us RFID chips in the poker chips (but not in the poker cards, too worried about cheating there), cameras above the table, automatic shuffle machines, lipstick cameras for some or all tables for recording hole cards, and action clock (like a shot clock) that the dealer could reset/set as the action reaches a player are all fine innovations that only improve the tournament experience (both for player and/or viewer/fan). I don't think any of it approaches crossing the line to "WSOP on the internet".

[ QUOTE ]
The Bose QuietComforts are not an audiophile's ideal headphones, but they are very comfortable and really do an incredible job of cancelling out most mid and high frequency outside noise, even if there's no music playing through the headphones.

I would guess that most people find them much more comfortable than sealed canalphones like the Shures, and they're certainly much easier to put on and take off. They certainly do a much better job at blocking outside noise than those.

[/ QUOTE ]

woah, you actually know what youre talking about. i prefer etymotic er-4s [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. but when i play i have some AKGs, my sennheisers are way too open and sound like speakers to anyone else in the area and draw some complaints in the pokerroom. if i was a pro i would go with some akg 271s, sony sa5ks or something like that. good call though.

rj

Default Finishers 560-501

From Taopoker/Card Player:

560 Frederick Brown
559 Martin Liaberte
558 David Anderson
557 Sergey Khromov
556 Robert John Kacher
555 Donald Delancy
554 Nadav Ravid
553 Robert Gentile