Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: slowplay QQ on QJ3r?

[ QUOTE ]
There are absolutely times to slowplays sets.

This is absolutely not the time.

You raised preflop. People expect you to bet. They won't believe you have QQ. They will think you have AK. Now they raise. Now you reraise. Now you make money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jake is smart. Listen to him. When you are the last aggressor pre-flop and you hit a monster, that is exactly the time you shouldn't slowplay. In fact, slowplaying and waking up on the turn often kills all your action.

And, honestly, slow-playing is usually lame. When I'm at a table where someone makes a bad slowplay and costs themselves a lot of money, it makes me feel dirty and embarassed. Slowplaying too much is the acne of poker adolescence.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: slowplay QQ on QJ3r?

Grunch. Classic FPS. BET THE FLOP. Reasons: (1) you raised PF; people expect you to bet and are unlikely to bet into you or even bet after you on the flop. (2) You talk about people improving their hands so that they'll give you action, but the main draw on this board beats you. No sense in giving free card to the straight draws. (3) are peole reall going to give action to a PFR who checks the flop and then goes nust on the turn?

I almost never slowplay at the micros.