Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2003, 11:37 PM

Default Just got Wilson\'s TTH for Christmas...

I haven't even installed it yet but I was wondering if anyone out there has a recommended list of profiles to play against that would adequately simulate a good loose-passive 3/6 game at the Borgata or something. I was thinking of maybe having 5 generic "loose/passive" players in there and then 1 or 2 maniacs as well as 1 or 2 of the solid players profiles they have, but I'm not sure if this is a realistic mix.

Also, just in general I was wondering how people who own and play TTH feel the game does of recreating what its like to play against real people. For instance, can you bluff a guy out when its heads up on the turn and a flush card hits with a check-raise? Will the players make fancy plays at you if you've been folding a lot? Do the profiles play every hand in exactly the same way everytime or is there some type of variance built in? Really just any insights that anyone out there who owns the program may have regarding how it stacks up when compared to real live people, both the pros and the cons, would be very much appreciated.
Old 12-21-2003, 02:25 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Just got Wilson\'s TTH for Christmas...

it helped accelerate my learning of the basics of the game immensly. saving me a ton in chips. why learn for lots of money in the trenches what you can learn for the price of this great program.

no to mention, you can play 7 hours worth of live hands in 20 mins.

great tool.

b
Old 12-21-2003, 07:42 PM

TTH is in my opinion(which counts for basicly nothing),a great teaching tool. As for the profiles...on the main screen,go to "lineup".Click on "load"and a drop down box will appear on the left side of the screen.That contains around 15 different lineups...everything from real passive to real tight,and everything in between.What I recommend,practice against all of them.It will only make you better.
Old 12-22-2003, 07:45 AM

yah...you can semi-bluff someone off a hand...the profiles will vary their play if you check the option...(very important)

Given what you describe, I'd create a custom table lineup with 4-5 LL passive as you suggest, one or two good ones...one expert, and one moron like Omar the Pot Maker - (there's always someone at the table that tries to bet/raise/bluff too much......one interesting profile is Smilin Mack, who attempts to base hand selection on S&M's groups, and Happy Howie, who tries to simulate S&M's shorthanded/loose strategy

I changed settings to raise and check raise less, and I killed all the options that are suggested you don't use in LL games...

that pretty simulates my avergae game at Canterbury....though I think probably it's not gonna make you or me play any better on a 30/60 table [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] - but for 3/6 - that's your baby....

RB
Old 12-22-2003, 09:59 AM

Just don't make a Custom profile for short handed - there is a huge bug and it'll drive you NUTS.

Sometimes it will use one comumn and other times it will use another. He never tested for creating shorthanded profiles!