Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 11:31 AM

Default Speed limit check

Live 20-40. Been playing 10 hours. Had a nice heater about 2 hours in but have been a cold decked folding machine for at least the last 3.

This hand came up and I wonder if I was out of rhythm and floored it. Does a Tommy "insert ringing bells here" sign get hung on my flop play. Standard or sound the alarm?

Villian is decent, has been playing aggressively well and opens in MP. I 3 bet JJ on the button. Solid BB and MP call.

Flop Ks Js x. BB ch, MP bets, I raise, BB calls, MP 3 bets, I cap, BB folds.

Turn blank. Ch, bet, call.

River the same action.

Two questions.

Anyone take a different flop/turn line?

Does it change if the BB doesn't call the flop 2 cold?

Thanks.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Speed limit check

I don't understand the flop cap. Seems like just an action killer in a hand where you want action.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the flop cap. Seems like just an action killer in a hand where you want action.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was based on the solid (tight) BB and the board. I was surprised he called the 3 bet pf when it may be capped. Then I was surprised he called the flop 2 cold. If I don't cap he's definitely calling 1 more. Do I want him in the hand with that board?

I think it's different if he folds but some may say no.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Don't kill your action. Set up the raise on the turn. On the other hand, it is the same effect - 2 small bets = 1 BB and if you raise the turn BB folds and you still only get 1BB. However, in this case, you lost 1 BB because BB folded and other guy didn't bet into you. But yeah, you want him to stick around, what's the worst that can happen, he catches 2 pair? That sounds like a good thing to me. He'll stick around for a gut shot regardless (likely).
Old 09-21-2005, 03:56 PM

I would smooth call the flop 3-bet. You know BB is calling one more bet. On the turn, you can now raise the MP bet. If BB really does have a strong hand (two pair, flush draw) you make and/or charge him the maximum amount of money because he calls your turn raise.
You definitely make more money by calling the 3 bet and raising the turn.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:04 PM

I think you played it fine.