Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Early Stages MTT ($5 PokerRoom)

8th hand into the tournament.
Start with 1500 in chips and first blind is 10/15

Get dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on Button

2 limpers to me i raise T300 and BB Re Raises All in

(note: BB has raised All in 3 times since beginning of tournament with one call had 4s.)

So, I would say that I am about 75% confident I am best here, do you risk it this early?

If no, what do you need to push here?
Old 12-12-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Early Stages MTT ($5 PokerRoom)

low buy in and his previous plays with allin indicates he is a real DONKEY. i look for this spot to double up (you might fold to any other player and possibly not even then, but not to this guy). If he actually has a monster here, good for him. You are most likely to be ahead. Take it down.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:25 PM

I play on the 'Room too, and have seen this play often enuf. I think the JJ is an instacall. i think your 2:1 on him, as the most likely hand is AQ - AT. I dont give much credit here, as it is happens far too often on the 'Room to always mean AA. I've picked up on this, and in earlier stages often jam with AA, KK, as people are loose and call this way to often.

The question is, if you dont call with JJ, what are you gonna call with. AA for sure, and KK. AK, AQ? QQ-TT???
Old 12-12-2005, 04:28 PM

Ok, that's what I thought.

FYI: he had AQ and sent me home early.

But my decision was correct.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:36 PM

Here's a question, maybe a silly one..... I can't stand all-in bozos any more than the next guy, but.... why raise at all when a guy who has gone all in 3 times in seven hands sits to your left? I would've limped to see if this was one of the 50% of times when I'm not forced to make a tough decision. Sure, I'd be letting limpers in behind me, but I think the flexibility makes up for the risk.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:41 PM

you gotta call this. Three all ins already on any pocket. Your a huge favorite in this hand. If you want to win tournaments you have to risk your stack whenever you think you have an edge. This is a huge edge plus the 5 dollar pokerroom structure blinds go up every 12 mins so you can't sit and wait. Be happy he went all in and beat him into the pot with your call.