Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-01-2005, 12:08 AM

Default AA, draw heavy board and I\'m new to this limit stuff

This is 4 hands after the last hand I posted, so still no reads.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB
Old 12-01-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: AA, draw heavy board and I\'m new to this limit stuff

I like the flop raise. Since CO folds and you have it heads up, I determine to call down once BB 3-bets. However, that river sucks. Now I have to ask whether he's on an absolute bluff or has a pocket pair at least 10% of the time. I probably call.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:28 AM

I fold the river. You're ahead of like...nothing that he would three-bet the flop with. I think he has to have at least a jack.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:32 AM

I probably raise the turn and fold to a 3 bet. If he calls I'd check behind on that awful, awful river card. Would I call a river donkbet? Probably. Is it wrong? Probably. I would hate myself for folding though.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:53 AM

cap the flop, raise the turn, if its reraised, call/fold and check/fold the river depending on the previous action.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:46 AM

:Grunch:

Cap the flop, you are more likely ahead of a flush draw,J or a smaller PP here than behind a 7
If he still leads out on the turn after you cap the flop then I call down.
River card is brutal, you are now behind a J as well as a seven, but I think size of pot dictates a crying call in case he has a smaller PP or is bluffing with a busted draw.

Mat
Old 12-01-2005, 03:22 AM

I think I'd cap the flop. Raise the turn and call a 3-bet. Terrible river. I think you have to fold but I hate folding on the river so I'd probably spew. But seriously. Nothing that 3-bets this flop is behind on the river so even a billion to 1 probably isn't good enough.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd cap the flop. Raise the turn and call a 3-bet. Terrible river. I think you have to fold but I hate folding on the river so I'd probably spew. But seriously. Nothing that 3-bets this flop is behind on the river so even a billion to 1 probably isn't good enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think I ever see KK, QQ or even 88-TT here some percentage of the time?
Old 12-01-2005, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think I ever see KK, QQ or even 88-TT here some percentage of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point vs. unknowns might make it a call but the preflop action would make me doubtful of an overpair or midpair, especially give the 3-bet on the flop. But I'm new to this as well.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:38 PM

Alright, so it looks like the best line is to raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet.

Villain showed 7To and MHING.