Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-23-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Re: This one really confused me.

My problem with raising here is if he has nothing, I win 20bb, end of story.

Now, if he has something I raise here, he calls (almost never reraises). Turn is blank, I check behind, river is blank, he pots it. I call?? I pay off his Ace here, win a bluff.

Now, clubs are Certainly in his range, which makes this much more complicated when a club hits (or doesnt) turn/river.

Raising the flop just gets the pot big and there are LOTS of cards that can come on turn/river that either A) Scare me off B)Make me pay off C)Beat a bluff. I think if we raise, and he calls, we are in a ton of [censored]
Old 11-23-2005, 02:52 AM

Default Raise fold to 3bet

First of all, if villain would 3bet here on the flop, then raise fold 3bet is the best line. However, I find that villains at these stakes almost never throw in the 3bet (unless its min 3-bet). So when he flat calls, we have a much bigger pot to deal with, and a ton of cards that could either scare us or cause us to lose alot more.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Re: This one really confused me.

[ QUOTE ]
My problem with raising here is if he has nothing, I win 20bb, end of story.

Now, if he has something I raise here, he calls (almost never reraises). Turn is blank, I check behind, river is blank, he pots it. I call?? I pay off his Ace here, win a bluff.

Now, clubs are Certainly in his range, which makes this much more complicated when a club hits (or doesnt) turn/river.

Raising the flop just gets the pot big and there are LOTS of cards that can come on turn/river that either A) Scare me off B)Make me pay off C)Beat a bluff. I think if we raise, and he calls, we are in a ton of [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and I understand your problem. Read my inital post. I stated that if I have a read I just CALL here and allow him to continue to bluff into me, but without a solid read I'd just raise here and if he checks the turn I'd bet. If he calls then I know I'm beat, but he's likely only betting the river if you're beat. Definately don't check the turn if you raise this flop.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:10 AM

Default BUMP b4 sleep

Wacha think on this one guys (COUGH...AJ...COUGH)