Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2004, 01:27 PM

Default \"The Rock\"

Can anyone tell me what this new thing is that's going around in some holdem games called "The Rock"? They are impllementing it in some of the high limit games at the Grand in Biloxi. I'm sure it's been posted before, but I can't find it. Thanks alot!
Old 12-09-2004, 01:37 PM

Default Re: \"The Rock\"

The Rock rules. I'll leave it for others to elaborate. It's also a great way to identify nits since only nits don't like The Rock. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2004, 01:40 PM

What's a "nit"? Thanks...
Old 12-09-2004, 01:45 PM

The Rock if I am correct is equal to one big bet. If you win the rock, you have to post it when you are UTG. It acts like a straddle. You can't keep the Rock.

What chapter? I'm Alpha Tau '97.

Ghettorat
Old 12-09-2004, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They are impllementing it in some of the high limit games at the Grand in Biloxi.

[/ QUOTE ]

What limits are you talking about? When you say implementing, do you mean it's officially part of the game, or is it just something the players do?

I feel like going back to Biloxi for a while. Did the ever bring back poker to the Beau?
Old 12-09-2004, 02:28 PM

Just wait until there are 3 "rocks" in the game with a bonus for accumulating all 3 rocks....

Go back about 3 weeks when Duke and I wrote about this at the 30/60 Bellagio game.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:48 PM

No poker at the Beau. IMHO, that was a terrible mistake, taking it out.

The Grand is a very good room to play in. Most of what (little) I know, I learned in that room.

bc
Old 12-09-2004, 03:08 PM

I just read that thread. I still don't fully understand it. Is this something that house is enforcing, similar to how in a kill game you are actually required to post a kill whether you want to or not? This is what I would think from the reference to it being implemented in some high limit games at Biloxi. Or is it just that some player chooses to create a rock and straddle with it and, by social convention, the winner of the pot is expected to use it for the same purpose? This is what I would think from the existence of rock eaters. Also, how does "the rock" interact with "the scissors" and "the paper"?
Old 12-09-2004, 04:27 PM

It is not something that is part of the house rules. In fact it's frowned upon, some of the brushes won't allow it during their shift.

It is mearly an agreement among all the players to play the game that way. When a new person joins the table the are told about the "agreement"; if they agree fine, if not they become potential "rock eaters" as they can't be forced to play in a game with different rules than "advertised" by the house.

Try this thread too:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...o=&fpart=1
Old 12-09-2004, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Rock rules. I'll leave it for others to elaborate. It's also a great way to identify nits since only nits don't like The Rock. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

and we don't know any of those now do we? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

how bout "nits" who will play with the rock sometimes, but claim a religious objection to it during others lol...
-Barron