Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 03:33 PM

Default People in Atlanta (Gas Prices/Shortage)

If u havent seen...gas has gone up 50 cents in a matter or hours and they are having to ration it out in some places, what i was told is that most of the oil/gas trucks were hit by the hurricane...and that prices were going to continue to go up. This morning i saw it at $3 when I just went to get gas (because I just found out) it was at $3.50 for me and the owner said it would climb 50 to 70 more cents by tomorrow and that he was shuttin down his pumps at 3pm...let ALONE the gas lines we had to wait in just to get gas...so If u need gas get it now!!! Im sure it will stabilize later..but if ur near empty hope the heads up helped!
Usually gas prices dont matter much to me b/c i HAVE to have it...but if i know its gonna increase in the next few days i fill up now...figured some of u would wanna do the same

Im sure this is the same for much of the south

Im was tempted to use regular [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: People in Atlanta

[ QUOTE ]
If u havent seen...gas has gone up 50 cents in a matter or hours and they are having to ration it out in some places, what i was told is that most of the oil/gas trucks were hit by the hurricane...and that prices were going to continue to go up. This morning i saw it at $3 when I just went to get gas (because I just found out) it was at $3.50 for me and the owner said it would climb 50 to 70 more cents by tomorrow and that he was shuttin down his pumps at 3pm...let ALONE the gas lines we had to wait in just to get gas...so If u need gas get it now!!! Im sure it will stabilize later..but if ur near empty hope the heads up helped!

Im sure this is the same for much of the south

[/ QUOTE ]

HMMM.

I just checked the two gas stations across the street from my work:

Chevron: $2.73
Exxon: $2.91

Interesting indeed.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:37 PM

It was $2.71 on Mercer Island, WA this morning, no line. Just saying.

yeah...some of them havent changed prices on thier signs...and a girl told me about it and i was like calm down ur over exagerrating...but the place i went was 30 cents more than it said outside and the dude said its just gonna climb

This is what i was told by others and the gas owner...so who knows whats what...but better safe then sorry...thought id let others know...hopefully it doesnt keep going up

But i know it was serious cause ive never waited in line for gas EVER or maybe people over paniced...i just needed to make sure i had enough for the rest of the week

The thing I don't get, those two gas stations are no kidding 200 feet from each other.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah...some of them havent changed prices on thier signs...and a girl told me about it and i was like calm down ur over exagerrating...but the place i went was 30 cents more than it said outside and the dude said its just gonna climb

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess I better go to the grocery store and get some milk, eggs, and toilet paper.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: People in Atlanta (Gas Prices/Shortage)

Meh, so much scare tactics. Atlanta has 10 days of fuel reserves on hand right now. They've been working off them for 2 days, which would mean there are 8 days left. Also, I remember hearing that we'd be getting more by next Tuesday, which means it shouldn't be an issue as far as need.

Of course, my smart self filled up Sunday, and still has 80% of a tank. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll be going down to Auburn for the game any more [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess I better go to the grocery store and get some milk, eggs, and toilet paper.

[/ QUOTE ]

In end of days scenarios, it is better to get an assault rifle. Then you can get all the milk, eggs and toilet paper you need.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im was tempted to use regular [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus jumped up Christ on a Dreamsicle stick, get over yourself already.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh, so much scare tactics. Atlanta has 10 days of fuel reserves on hand right now. They've been working off them for 2 days, which would mean there are 8 days left. Also, I remember hearing that we'd be getting more by next Tuesday, which means it shouldn't be an issue as far as need.

Of course, my smart self filled up Sunday, and still has 80% of a tank. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll be going down to Auburn for the game any more [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well u shoulda told me!! i didnt know until today!!