Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Working on the expanded mode bug? (edited)

This one effects me many times a day and is the one I found most annoying.

When viewing a forum in expanded mode (what I do like 90% of the time) and I click on the original post of a thread, instead of that post coming up in threaded mode (what used to happen and what I would like to happen) I am brought to another random post in that thread, possibly the most recent post.

If I wanted to read the most recent post, I would click on that instead.

Any love?

Edit: This problem seems to only manifest itself when clicking on a thread, I've previously read, at least in part. If the thread is brand new to me, I'm correctly taken to the OP, but if I opened the thread previously or if there are some posts that don't appear as "unread" for whatever reason, that's when I'm taken to a diff. post as opposed to the one I clicked on.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Working on the expanded mode bug? (edited)

i used to use expanded mode.

now i haven't used it in months.

anybody who uses (continues to use) threaded/expanded mode is retarded. mods included.

no offense...i just tell it like it is.

Barron
Old 11-29-2005, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

anybody who uses (continues to use) threaded/expanded mode is retarded. mods included.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really dumb and probably not worth discussing further if you truly believe it, but I'll try.

To get the most out of twoplustwo (for me anyway) you need to use both.

Collapsed mode sucks, and should only be used in oot or in the presence of a long thread that takes forever to load or makes the page not manageable.

If you can't see the value in knowing the structure of a thread, i.e. who is respnding to who, how much back and forth there is vs. everyone responding to the OP, changes in subject titles (for long threads) and more importantly who are the posters contributing, then there is no way you are reading twoplustwo in anything close to the most efficient way.

Also, regardless as to whether it's "better" or not, the mode is there for a reason, and it used to work fine. It should continue to work.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really dumb and probably not worth discussing further if you truly believe it, but I'll try.

To get the most out of twoplustwo (for me anyway) you need to use both.

Collapsed mode sucks, and should only be used in oot or in the presence of a long thread that takes forever to load or makes the page not manageable.

If you can't see the value in knowing the structure of a thread, i.e. who is respnding to who, how much back and forth there is vs. everyone responding to the OP, changes in subject titles (for long threads) and more importantly who are the posters contributing, then there is no way you are reading twoplustwo in anything close to the most efficient way.

Also, regardless as to whether it's "better" or not, the mode is there for a reason, and it used to work fine. It should continue to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed that it should continue to work and the bug needs to be fixed.

but i was only 1/2 joking about not using expanded mode. my #1 hesitation in switching to collapsed/flat mode was that i wouldn't be able to tell who was responding to whom etc.

since switching i can get the same info very quickly and dont feel ANY loss in this department at all. i have switched back and forth a few times to be sure of how i feel and its really not close. collapsed/flat is way way way better imo...

but bug should be fixed for those still in the stone age [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Barron
Old 11-30-2005, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
collapsed/flat mode

[/ QUOTE ]
These are completely different things. You know that, right?
Old 11-30-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
collapsed/flat mode

[/ QUOTE ]
These are completely different things. You know that, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

the combination is what i think is the best.

Barron
Old 11-30-2005, 01:07 AM

I've been telling Mason for sometime that he's retarded in regard to this, but he won't listen. I'm notifying Chuck on this thread. It's possible that he forgot about this bug.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been telling Mason for sometime that he's retarded in regard to this, but he won't listen. I'm notifying Chuck on this thread. It's possible that he forgot about this bug.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have to understand mat...i was the same way.

lee (enon) told me for TWO YEARS that i was retarded for constantly reading in expanded/threaded modes. [censored] [censored] [censored] me for not listening to him (can we turn profanity filter off here?...we're all adults). one day the great mason will learn the error of his ways as well. and you can tell him i said it also when he finally comes to the dark (light) side.

Barron
Old 11-30-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
since switching i can get the same info very quickly

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain how you can get all of the info I listed as quickly. If either you or Mat can, I will be shocked. If you can't, then your claims of expanded mode's inferiority seem dubious.