Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 11-15-2005, 06:17 AM

Default Re: What content should be censored from the politics forum?

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if you don't like reading facts or having logic applied to them. I know you don't find that constructive to peacefully wallowing in your emotionally derived lib views.

[/ QUOTE ]

A: my post was about the irrational structure of your arguments... not about who's right and wrong in this particular case... like i said, i am not convinced that bush lied, strictly speaking, though I'm SURE that your line of reasoning on the issue is nonsensical, manipulative, BS- as any educated person (who is not wearing ideologically created metaphhorical blinders) would see...

B: though I'm liberal on most issiues, i have some shockingly conservative stances on some stuff that would suprise you... (you'd know if you read my posts)

C: I actually like some of your posts... like the one in this thread, which pointed out: "And while discussing consensual sex between an adult and a 15 year old isn't in the same league as those who abuse young children, it still is discussing illegal activity with underage children/adolescents and shouldn't be tolerated. And it's not just a matter of legisaltion. And morality does matter, especially regarding children"- right on... this subject (and others... like "are blacks inferior?" and "OBL is a good person") should be off-limits on what is intended to be a reasonable board for discussion of issues that are debatable by retional people.

so...

we'll see.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You didn't answer my question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did. It depends on whether it was trolling, as stated your example would be trolling (and no politics is being discussed)

[ QUOTE ]
And having sex with minors isn't a legit topic for discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Discussing the politics of the issue is a legitimate topic for discussion. What should be legal? What should the penalties be?

Can you distinguish between discussing the politics of pedophilia and someone posting a pedophilia bragging post?

It is what should be censored from discussion in this forum that is of interest to me. Obvious trolling on any topic has little value to any of us.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:30 AM

There is no "politics" of pedophilia. The abuse of children is not "politics". Either admit the truth of that or that you have no moral qualms about adults having sex with children.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:39 AM

*EDITED again because I'm half asleep and wasn't thinking clearly. *

While my original reason for locking that thread was not about the general subject matter, this thread and some thinking have led me to the conclusion that it's not a subject 2+2 would want on their site. If I'm wrong about that, I'll be more than willing to say that my conclusion was false. But after reading the T&C again, and remembering previous decisions made by Mat, I can't imagine this subject being something they want to allow.

The actual reason I locked that thread was simply because it is an x-post. Now that I've thought about it, it was a good lock for other reasons, too.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:52 AM

The mere discussion of any abuse of children in a way that infers that it is a political matter is the same as advocacy of such actions.

And in case I haven't made myself clear on this issue, I hope all NAMBLA perverts die before they can abuse another innocent child prior to taking their deserved places in hell.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:55 AM

Asking what the definition of pedophilia is, informs the political debate. Just as asking when life begins, informs the abortion debate.

It was a political question IMO.

The text of the OP in locked thread was:
<font color="green"> Does wanting to have sex with a 15 year old who has gone through puberty make you a pedophile? Yes, it is illegal in at least nearly every state in the union, when you are over 18. However, the question is whether it makes you a pedophile.

I do not think it does. Pedophilia is the act or fantasy (wanting) of having sexual relations with a child. A person is no longer a child if he or she has gone through puberty.

Am I right?</font>
Old 11-15-2005, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*EDITED again because I'm half asleep and not thinking clearly. *

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop editing your posts so much. No one expects perfection and it screws up the context of the replies. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 06:57 AM

I edited my post again. My apologies for only being half-awake while writing it the first two times. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Stop editing your posts so much. No one expects perfection and it screws up the context of the replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

EDIT-

Yeah, I know. I don't usually make that drastic of a change, but it was important for me to get this one right.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:57 AM

It is not a matter of "political debate" but of basic human decency towards children. And the only ones who wish to debate the subject are ones who at the very least wish to have sex with minor adolescents.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
remembering previous decisions made by Mat, I can't imagine this subject is something they want to allow on their site.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOT threads are full of pictures and personal stories and lockerroom innuendo. Treating a politics thread as if it were an OOT thread is a mistake. We discuss abortion all the time here too, I'd hate to see what OOT does with that issue. I'd like to hear what Mat thinks about this.