Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Please Unban Josh whoever did it.

[ QUOTE ]
What is the "it" in the sentence? What rule? Is there a rule that if you use the word "douche" you are banned from these forums? I've never heard this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask Dynasty for the specific wording of his rule.

But as I understand it, you aren't allowed to be make overtly insulting remarks about people. Right or wrong, this is something Dynasty has enforced for quite some time.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But Dynasty DOES make the rules in that forum. Again, if you don't like it, take it up with Mat.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just an incorrect statement of fact.

Let's say I make a rule that everytime a poster used a word I don't like, they get banned. Those words will include all those beggining with the letters "Ap..." or something else riiculous. Would that be ok? I doubt it. People would complain, and it would end, so clearly there is room for some value judgements.

Also, Just b/c we are mods of a particular forum, doesn't mean that's the only place we extend influence. I have banned people who have spammed forums besides my own. We can make decisions that impact the entire site (and when we ban someone, this is what we're doing), therefore we have to utilize some common sense and consider the well being of the entire forum when banning someone.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea, I'll just check the forum sticky with all the rules in it. Oh wait....
Old 11-02-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea, I'll just check the forum sticky with all the rules in it. Oh wait....

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what I meant.

I'm not going to defend Dynasty anymore, but I want you both to think about one thing.

NOBODY was in here complaining about Dynasty banning regular joes for violations of this policy of his. But now as soon as someone you like gets banned, it's the end of the world. That is favoritism, and it's not something I think is good.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:54 PM

without getting into the main issue as its obvious where I come out I would like to discuss the notion that the point of the WPT forum is to call players douche's which I don't take literally but rather meaning quality it not a concern there.

I think a moderator should strive to make their forum within 2+2 a place to get excellent information and particpate in interesting, entertaining and or intelligent discussion. The 2+2 label means something and I think we should work to make all the forums a cut above some other internet forum. Just as the 2+2 books are a cut above other poker books. If a forums purpose is only to call various players names then the forum should be deleted. Otherwise Dynasty or any mod is absolutely correct in working to make that forum into something worthwhile and meaningful. For the WPT forum that would mean a place where people can intelligently and maturely discuss the WPT can other TV poker happenings.

This isn't RGP or some scrub forum and I don't think we should hold ourself to that pathetic standard.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NOBODY was in here complaining about Dynasty banning regular joes for violations of this policy of his. But now as soon as someone you like gets banned, it's the end of the world. That is favoritism, and it's not something I think is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not understanding me. First of all, I was never aware of it going on before, I would be against it in that case as well. However, you're right in that I wouldn't care nearly as much. And you know what? There's nothing wrong with that.

It's not that I "like" sthief, it's that currently, he's the snigle most important contributor to twoplustwo. I would like to see anyone argue against that. He's a top strategy guy (I'm not saying he's the best poker player, but he's very good) and he posts a ton of strategy accross multiple forums, frequently throughout the day. He will explain beginning concepts to noobs and engage in more sophisticated discussion in Mid High.

This isn't a popualrity contest. As mods I believe we should always be looking out for how to make twoplustwo better. Period. That's our golden rule. How can we maintain the high quality here and make it better. Getting rid of dumbass threads may do that. Banning one of (if not the) best contributor really undermines that. This focus on "rules" and "bannings" and all this [censored] is retarded.

Bannings should be reserved for flagrant rule violations such as posting really offensive material or spamming. There's no reason to ban a respected long time poster unless he clearly goes off his/her rocker and is no longer worthwhile. I don't think calling a douche, a douche, comes anywhere close.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] is retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey!
Old 11-02-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't a popualrity contest

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

Now I've contibuted everything I possibly can to this, and since it's not my decision, I don't need to be in here responding to it anymore.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:19 PM

You didn't refute any of my points, so I will interperet that as you coming to your senses and agreeing with me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2005, 05:25 PM

Seriously. Dynasty, do you really honestly believe that banning Josh (temp or perm) is going to better 2+2 as a whole? If you do, you are an idiot. If you don't and you banned him anyway, you are an idiot.

GoT